• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop Blessing 2 Review (IEM)

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 99 44.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 106 47.7%

• Total voters

Kevbaz

Ive tried the CP155 Small and they work really well for me, I think I plan to keep these IEMs now, they do sound very good and now dont hurt my ears :)
Only challenge I have is how to know if you have the two pin plug in correct way around so have the right polarity.
Cheers
Kev

staticV3

Master Contributor

Kevbaz

RHO

Major Contributor
Only challenge I have is how to know if you have the two pin plug in correct way around so have the right polarity.
With the preformed ear hooks that shouldn't be a problem. If you stick them in the wrong way around the earpiece will be upside down.

oscar_dziki

@amirm How come you say that sub bass is not comparable with over the ear headphones, and yet FR looks elevated in this region?

Garrincha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@amirm How come you say that sub bass is not comparable with over the ear headphones, and yet FR looks elevated in this region?
Elevated maybe in comparison to a flat line (diffuse field), but still below the Harman target curve. The Dusk version has more bass though.

Garrincha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So this 2,5 dB you consider a problem?
A problem is exaggerated, but most people prefer more bass (which is basically what the Harman target means). Some people prefer more bass still (like the Usound target), but in the end it is all a personal choice. I for my part like a good portion of bass, but then there is also so much music where it will not make any difference. But if I can choose between some more or less arbitrary tuning and the Harman target, I opt for the latter.

Last edited:
Reactions: RHO

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I so wish you could test a set of Tin T2, I am in love with mine.

graph (3).png

bradsondone

Just so it's clear, I'm not in the camp that consider the B2 boring, heck they're quite "too fun" for me to actually truly enjoy them. The thinness kills engagement in the mids and will probably be suitable for EDM or synthetic music without real instruments that benefit from a more mature tuning like the S8. Although I can fully understand how they are boring to most people and consider them to be their borderline on how neutral they can get while to me it's the most fun I could tolerate. I actually tried several tips just to alleviate this issue, with the stock tips ithey're almost unbearable to me unless I'm in a noisy environment and the extra mid bass slam is welcome and bass quality isn't that cruicial. I appreciate their technical side tho, love the somewhat 3D imaging, instrument separation (although quite forced) and detail retrieval. It's just the tuning and bass quality that ruin the experience for me.

For the sample tracks of what I am talking about, my issue is actualy present with every music that has vocals and real instruments but here are some:

Why We Ever - Hayley Williams:
The bass in this track is quite upfront but will still be enjoyble with gears with a flatter (midbass) tuning and/or better bass quality than B2. With B2 the bass is almost one-notey and masking a lot of the other information in the mix especially in the mids and is actually quite tiring to listen to. With my other gears (ER2SE / ER4SR, S8, SSR, Illumination, etc.) it's actually a great track to listen to.

Take The Power Back - RATM
This is a great example of a track with good electric guitar tone. With the B2 the guitars are less engaging from the thinness issue I have. It has the illusion of a cleaner sound presentation because of this thinness at the expense of accurately reproducing the girth (if you will) of the instruments.

Bad Asteroid - The Aristocrats:
This track is another example of how B2 drowns you with (low resolution) bass putting guitars behind the mix, giving the user the illusion of a detailed, clean sound. In reality, it's lowkey v-shaped and if you care about the lost information, you'll definitely be underwhelmed by it.

I can list more tracks but I guess you'll get the idea when you compare them to more mature sounding IEMs. ER2SE/ER4SR are the extreme examples but even with just an SSR (w/ Xelastec tips) the tuning is way more mature than the B2 and will reproduce instruments more organicly.
I just got the B2 today and I have to say my initial impressions are a bit mixed. The sound is very detailed, that's for sure, but it just feels kinda distant in a sense. Almost like it's not entirely present. I'm mainly comparing them to my HD660s right now, but I also sometimes use some ****** zsn pro x's when I'm bored. Those lack any separation or detail really. Instruments really mesh together. But on the 660s the sound is a bit warmer, more present, full, and detailed. The B2's sound kinda sterile to me. Almost clinical haha but that's not bad because it sounds good on some songs and less so on others. I think I'll continue to listen and see how I like them. They're also large asf lmao.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't have it. But do have the S8 which I will review next. :)
Any news about this? I know you are busy but still.

Top Bottom