• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop Blessing 2 Review (IEM)

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 99 44.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 106 47.7%

• Total voters

alexzax

i ve tried the fh7 with ustw5 and the fiio fd5 with ka3. went with the fd5, they are.. how to say it.. overwhelming.
senn tw3 were pretty damn good to, like 50% over apple airpods pro.
devialet buds were kinda a lil bit better than senn but felt like some of the sound hit the wall..
anyway:
i know i did a mistake not trying the fh7 with ka3 but even with ustw5 they were pretty bad, cheap bass, cheap sound exactly like cheap ones.. and i (they) didn't have the time to switch the cables and find a new pair of fh7.. dunno if the blame was on fh7 or fiio ustw5, but i checked dev settings and quality of sound was 16/44.1. i couldn t select aptx or ldac or even another codec.
but the moment i tried the fd5, i got blown by the clarity and all the sound from little metal bugs..
i did not buy the ka3 cause i didn't like the inability to play with it but later i found out there is an app for it..

my q is: what is the best sound option to link these iems with an s22ultra?
should i stick with cable? or is there anything which lets me switch to ldac audio ?
i don't like dac amp depending on battery, hate to have so many things in my pocket(phone, e cigar,glasses, wallet, keys) and on top of this a lil brick which needs battery time to time.

RHO

Major Contributor
i ve tried the fh7 with ustw5 and the fiio fd5 with ka3. went with the fd5, they are.. how to say it.. overwhelming.
senn tw3 were pretty damn good to, like 50% over apple airpods pro.
devialet buds were kinda a lil bit better than senn but felt like some of the sound hit the wall..
anyway:
i know i did a mistake not trying the fh7 with ka3 but even with ustw5 they were pretty bad, cheap bass, cheap sound exactly like cheap ones.. and i (they) didn't have the time to switch the cables and find a new pair of fh7.. dunno if the blame was on fh7 or fiio ustw5, but i checked dev settings and quality of sound was 16/44.1. i couldn t select aptx or ldac or even another codec.
but the moment i tried the fd5, i got blown by the clarity and all the sound from little metal bugs..
i did not buy the ka3 cause i didn't like the inability to play with it but later i found out there is an app for it..

my q is: what is the best sound option to link these iems with an s22ultra?
should i stick with cable? or is there anything which lets me switch to ldac audio ?
i don't like dac amp depending on battery, hate to have so many things in my pocket(phone, e cigar,glasses, wallet, keys) and on top of this a lil brick which needs battery time to time.
I would get a Moondrop Dawn and use a cable for best audio quality. That paired with that B2 Dusk would make a great set. Maybe put in a nice Moondrop Line T cable and go for the 4.4mm Dawn.
Top notch audio from your phone.

alexzax

I would get a Moondrop Dawn and use a cable for best audio quality. That paired with that B2 Dusk would make a great set. Maybe put in a nice Moondrop Line T cable and go for the 4.4mm Dawn.
Top notch audio from your phone.
i bought the fd5, i prefer having warranty. for moondrop i d have to send the back to china, no local stores here in ro have them. or (muziker) which is also outside of romania.

RHO

Major Contributor
i bought the fd5, i prefer having warranty. for moondrop i d have to send the back to china, no local stores here in ro have them. or (muziker) which is also outside of romania.
You don't need warranty with Moondrop is my experience.
I'm very happy with every one of my Moondrop purchases.

alexzax

You don't need warranty with Moondrop is my experience.
I'm very happy with every one of my Moondrop purchases.
i saw some people having problems with them after a while. thought the quality of materials isn t that much.. anyway, ordered the ka3 today, waiting for some nice auditions.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
i saw some people having problems with them after a while. thought the quality of materials isn t that much.. anyway, ordered the ka3 today, waiting for some nice auditions.
I have the Blessing 2 and have had no issues or problems. Seem to be very well constructed.

Reactions: RHO

RHO

Major Contributor
I haven't had any issues with my B2 Dusk, nor with my Aria or Chu. I think I use all 3 about the same amount. Some complain about the Chu but I use them in the most sweaty conditions and have no issues whatsoever with them.
The B2 has a very nice build.
Some people just manage to get everything broken. In general Moondrop is a very reliable brand.

On what basis did you go for the FiiO ka3?
vs Moondrop Dawn 3.5mm
vs Moondrop Dawn 4.4mm

Honestly, I would cancel the ka3 order, looking at those measurements.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I haven't had any issues with my B2 Dusk, nor with my Aria or Chu. I think I use all 3 about the same amount. Some complain about the Chu but I use them in the most sweaty conditions and have no issues whatsoever with them.
The B2 has a very nice build.
Some people just manage to get everything broken. In general Moondrop is a very reliable brand.

On what basis did you go for the FiiO ka3?
vs Moondrop Dawn 3.5mm
vs Moondrop Dawn 4.4mm

Honestly, I would cancel the ka3 order, looking at those measurements.
Well measurements are important, but not everything. I have the Fiio KA3, I bought it without having seen measurements, because it was a cheap offer on Aliexpress and it has both connections, 3.5 and 4.4 mm, at the same time. There is no audible noise and distortion and it is quite powerful, so no complaints.

alexzax

Well measurements are important, but not everything. I have the Fiio KA3, I bought it without having seen measurements, because it was a cheap offer on Aliexpress and it has both connections, 3.5 and 4.4 mm, at the same time. There is no audible noise and distortion and it is quite powerful, so no complaints.
how fast drains battery on mobile? vs not using it?

RHO

Major Contributor
In some situations it's quite bad. Good for you, you don't use it in those cases or are not sensitive to them.
Having both types of connector is an advantage but if you choose 1 my experience is you mostly stich with it.

Kevbaz

I got a set of these today off Amazon, they really do sound great and easy to drive off my Hidizs s8.
Only issue I have is the ear piece is really large and with even smallest rubber tip is a tight fit in ear canal. To point they might not be usable as they may make my ears sore :(
Kev

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Only issue I have is the ear piece is really large and with even smallest rubber tip is a tight fit in ear canal.

Try Spinfit tips, you can buy them for $15 or buy the Moondrop Chu for $20 and get a set of Spinfit tips included and end up with a decent/disposable iem for $7

Kevbaz

Try Spinfit tips, you can buy them for $15 or buy the Moondrop Chu for $20 and get a set of Spinfit tips included and end up with a decent/disposable iem for $7
Cool thanks just ordered some small Spinfit tips off Amazon, should be here tomorrow to try out :)
Kev

Last edited:

RHO

Major Contributor
Those are not spinfit tips that come with the Chu. Those are Moondrop Spring tips. Spring tips are quite small but I don't think they will fit the Blessing 2.
Maybe the Spinfit CP145 or CP155 in size small will fit.

TK750

Those are not spinfit tips that come with the Chu. Those are Moondrop Spring tips. Spring tips are quite small but I don't think they will fit the Blessing 2.

To add to this I use spinfit CP500 with my B2 dusk and find them to be excellent, I also tried CP155 and they were very good but not quite as good as the 500s for me personally.

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
I bought a lot of Spinfits and I really like them. Is my default now for any kind of IEM. For me the CP145s are the best.

mrbungle

They do fit, kind of. Work well for me. I posted a picture in this thread somewhere. Spinfits are nice though and probably a safer choice. Don’t think they make the Blessings much more comfortable when stock small is too big.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Cp155 medium does the trick for me on blessing 2. The 155 is a more slender shape than the 145 typical mushroom

RHO

Major Contributor
Cp155 medium does the trick for me on blessing 2. The 155 is a more slender shape than the 145 typical mushroom
I have the 155 but the like the stock tips more. Maybe I should try the 145 then. Well the stock ones suite me just fine. So I could just leave at that.

Kevbaz

I will give them a go, I have lots of IEMs they can go in if they dont fit :) I have some Panasonic IEMs I really like and will also try the Spinfit on those also.
Kev

Top Bottom