• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk + Topping NX4 DSD = Endgame for me

ParticularFix

A while back, I posted about a not-so-good experience I had with Sennheiser IE80s and someone recommended the Blessing 2 as the be-all and end-all. I ended up getting the Blessing 2 Dusk. I am happy to report that I think I am done as far as IEM setup is concerned. I just don't see a way to get much better than this. The smoothness, yet the technicalities at the same time is simply beyond description. When combined with the NX4 DSD, it takes it to a level I have never experienced music at.

Attachments

• IMG_20210924_145042.jpg
    IMG_20210924_145042.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 349

julian_hughes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The Moondrop Blessing 2 get such great reviews and I've read a lot about them. But they seem to be enormously thick. Is it possible to wear them under a helmet or to wear them while lying on one's side? How is the isolation? Nobody seems to measure isolation since Tyll Hertsen's Inner Fidelity stopped testing, but it really matters for many people. What is your experience?

OP
P

ParticularFix

The Moondrop Blessing 2 get such great reviews and I've read a lot about them. But they seem to be enormously thick. Is it possible to wear them under a helmet or to wear them while lying on one's side? How is the isolation? Nobody seems to measure isolation since Tyll Hertsen's Inner Fidelity stopped testing, but it really matters for many people. What is your experience?
That was the biggest thing I was worried about before getting them. More than them sticking out, I was worried about how they will stay in my ear and not fall out and of course overall comfort. My ears tend towards the small side and I am happy to say that they have a unique shell design that makes them stay in your ears not because they are held by the ear tip spout, but the anthelix (I had to look that up lol). The back sticks out quite a bit, but they stay in my ear better than any other IEM I have and the seal/isolation is great by my standards (by my standards, I hate the Blon bl-03 seal). The sound quality more than makes up for any qualms I may have, the only qualm I have is how it sticks out and I really don't care about that because I use cheap IEMs for lying on my side. Overall, I am happy. It would be perfect if it was smaller, but I am very satisfied.
Let me add that as far as comfort is concerned, after wearing them for 2 hours constantly without taking them out, they are very comfortable and I haven't had any discomfort or pain as I've heard others comparing about and my ears are small.

julian_hughes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I appreciate your reply, thank you. The huge thickness of these I think is the deal breaker for me. The same goes for lots of other recent IEMs. It's one of those things that almost every reviewer oddly declines to mention *when they really like the sound(!)*, which made me suspect it would indeed be an issue for me.

quadrobust

I appreciate your reply, thank you. The huge thickness of these I think is the deal breaker for me. The same goes for lots of other recent IEMs. It's one of those things that almost every reviewer oddly declines to mention *when they really like the sound(!)*, which made me suspect it would indeed be an issue for me.
It actually works better than I expected. The chassis molding follows the natural contour of the ear nicely, so they sit in/on one’s ears pretty comfortably. I wouldn’t sleep on the side with these, but for day-to-day use on the go , I don’t have any problem.

Top Bottom