• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moode 7.0.0 released

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
I notice that for those using a Raspberry Pi as a player/streamer Moode 7.0.0 has been released.

From the release notes:

This release includes many new features, updates and bug fixes and is based on the latest RaspiOS 10.6, Kernel 5.4.77 and MPD 0.22.3. The major focus of this release is (1) the Library including improved support for Classical collections, Radio station metadata and a powerful search/filter engine for finding content, (2) DSP including advanced resampling options, 12-band Parametric EQ and CamillaDSP/ALSA cdsp for testing, (3) enhancements for Playback including Queue thumbnails, Add/Play next and improved Queue management and (4) a more comprehensive settings Export/Import/Auto-config feature.

I'm looking forward to trying out the new 12-band PEQ and CamillaDSP for headphone correction ...

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I notice that for those using a Raspberry Pi as a player/streamer Moode 7.0.0 has been released.

I'm looking forward to trying out the new 12-band PEQ and CamillaDSP for headphone correction ...
Thanks for the alert. I've installed and am looking forward to the PEq.

I use Bubble UPnP app and it is misbehaving a bit at the moment. Luckily I found a similar experience mentioned, with a workaround, on the Moode Forum (post #33).

OP
B

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
I've installed and am looking forward to the PEq
I've reimplemented a couple of my headphone corrections in the 12-band PEQ and everything seems to sound fine. I've been using BruteFir in Volumio which worked OK, but Volumio is dog slow and buggy. The new Moode seems very much snappier - and at least on first impression, stable. I only use a local library (over ethernet ) or Spotify so nothing particularly stressful for the device

Audioagnostic

How is the moode app on an android mobile phone? I liked moode but found the app unuseable and am therefore using volumio.

I use a Pi3 with allo boss dac, streaming from a NAS over WiFi.

txbdan

Hey all,

I recently installed Moode 7 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with a HiFiBerry DAC2 Pro. The biggest issue I'm having is the insanely slugging UI through the web interface. I'm talking like attempt to change the volume, wait 7-8seconds, see where it lands, attempt to change again, 7-8seconds. It's extremely frustrating. Any ideas on why this is?

Also, I'm running the DAC into a tube amplifier with pretty high sensitivity and this can get way too loud. Is there a way to hard limit the mixer volume? I noticed that if I change the mixer volume in the Moode UI, to say 50%, that sets the max available using it as a Spotify Connect point from my phone. For example I can adjust the volume in Spotify on my phone from 0-100%, but that 100% is within the 50% volume set in Moode. That's actually a good thing, I'd just like to be able to hard set that 50% in Moode so I don't accidentally blow my speakers out.

Lastly, if I only want to use this as a Spotify Connect and/or Airplay point, is its simpler/cleaner to use HiFiBerryOS? I don't need any NAS or library type features.

Thanks

drfous

The interface is normally fairly snappy. I had an interface issue a few weeks back. Rebooting the router fixed it.

There's a max alsa volume control in the audio configuration. I've never used it.

Never used HiFiB OS

quattr0

Quite happy with Rpi 3B+ & Hifiberry Digi+ Pro. No sluggish at all. I use UPnP/DLNA's mpd and installed Roon Bridge on the side. Streaming both Roon and local files over SMB. Once I turned out Graphic Equalize which uses alsaequal, it sounds almost as good as my RME ADI-2 Pro FSR BE DAC (from Rpi4 and USB out).

Now I need to figure out how to have Roon using the Alsaequal as well then should be golden.

Top Bottom