• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monoprice THX-365IW Review (In-wall Speaker)

nathan

Any updates on what you decided to go with? In similar situation. So if you were doing the Monoprice THX-365IW for Left and Right + surrounds, would you recommend lets say the THX-265IW as a center? Or no because it is a 2-way. Trying to find a center that is IN-WALL to compliment the 365IW other than the THX-LCR which is different size, is beginning to be a headache. Could you do another brands center? Or bad idea since won't be timbre matched?

Thanks!
Assuming you can't use a third 365 vertically for the center, then the 265 would be my choice for a center.....with either the 365 or 265 as the left and right.

clipghost

Assuming you can't use a third 365 vertically for the center, then the 265 would be my choice for a center.....with either the 365 or 265 as the left and right.
Ya we can't use it vertically. Seems like 365C is the only option or the bigger THX-LCR they offer but looks wise wont be the best.

MN Theater Room

So I am looking at installing these speakers as LR and I will be putting them into a false wall where the true wall (dry wall) is 20” behind it. I guess for all practical purposes an “infinite baffle”

With this in mind, after reading this thread I get the impression that this is a good thing, since I will have only negligible reflection or resonance coming back.

My question is should I bother with a “backer box”? Will it improve the quality of sound? Maybe the bass?

Please advise.

Top Bottom