• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monoprice slim "sub"-woofers

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

bogart

Forum Donor
Imagine my surprise finding this thread with zero replies! I saw a pair of these for sale in Canada and said, "whoa, who knew these were a thing that Monoprice made! I'll see what ASR says." Darn!

Perhaps by bringing this thread back from the dead, we'll find someone who can chime in. 150W isn't much power, and that's not a ton of extension. I wonder whether they'd have a role as a 3rd/4th sub in a 2 sub system also. Let's say I've got two 'good' subs already, would these have any incremental value as the 3rd and 4th?

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Looks like a sub you'd find in the trunk of a car.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Has anyone used one of these, is it viable? The form factor is appealing for certain applications.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
PE's sold something similar for quite a few years -- no experience with them, though.
This is the current morph -- which looks (?) suspiciously like the titular Monoprice subwoofer, no?
https://www.parts-express.com/dayto...0-watt-low-profile-powered-subwoofer--300-639

From my perspective, miniaturized subwoofers (in any dimension) make about as much sense as -- and I apologize that there's no delicate way to put this -- miniaturized sex toys.

:facepalm:

bogart

Forum Donor
PE's sold something similar for quite a few years -- no experience with them, though.
This is the current morph -- which looks (?) suspiciously like the titular Monoprice subwoofer, no?
https://www.parts-express.com/dayto...0-watt-low-profile-powered-subwoofer--300-639

From my perspective, miniaturized subwoofers (in any dimension) make about as much sense as -- and I apologize that there's no delicate way to put this -- miniaturized sex toys.

:facepalm:
Although indelicate, this response really raises more questions, though we'd have to start a new thread to address them.

Those do look darn close to identical, though PE's only claims 100WPC vs. Monoprice's 150WPC amp. Both seem underpowered as a primary subwoofer, but I continue to wonder whether they offer anything interesting as 'support' by fitting into trickier room spots.

Top Bottom