• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monoprice Monolith Encore T6 Tower Loudspeaker review & measurements by Audioholics

tbob22

After a bit of a/b with the T5's I am noticing just a bit less punchiness on the T6 - they do extend quite a bit further though. I'm noticing slightly slower attack in the highs but overall I'd say it's smoother and more balanced. If I knock on side of the cabinets (I know - not exactly scientific) I notice a bit more echo compared to the T5 so I'm not sure if that's the reason for the difference in punch - maybe a bit more polyfill or lining the cabinets with deadening material would help.

Overall both great speakers especially at these prices.

I'll run some in room measurements this weekend - I'm guessing they are reaching well into the 20hz range while the T5's were in the 30-35hz range (a lot of room gain).

JimBean

Mine just arrived today. So far they sound pretty good. Ordered them through Monoprice at $170 per speaker, wish I had realized eBay or Target would've been cheaper, but oh well. Still a bargain. Now I have way more amp power than I need, thanks to these being 4 ohms.

tbob22

In room response looks ridiculous. These dig deep.

encore t6.jpg

Edit: Whoops forgot I had plugged the ports because I was worried about kitten trying to get in there. :)

Ported response. Still very impressive.
T6 Ported.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom