• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monoprice Monolith Encore T6 Tower Loudspeaker review & measurements by Audioholics

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
image_large2.jpg
image_large2 (1).jpg
image_large2 (2).jpg

Source and more: https://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/monoprice-monolith-encore-t6

Decent directivities, especially considering its price.

RichT

Howdy, I love big speakers, seems like more music comes out them. These look like a great deal. Regards

dreadknot

Forum Donor
would my crown xli 800 with 300watts per channel at 4ohms be to much for a pair of these or just right

i run my crowns with the gain knob at full an back off the signal input an fq trim as needed for my receiver.

AwesomeSauce2015

There's no such thing as too much power, as long as you don't overdrive the speakers.
Underpowering speakers is far more dangerous, as when you clip a signal, the tweeter gets a lot more energy than usual, and the woofers get DC.
Basically, it'll be fine, but if the speakers start sounding like you are overdriving them, back off the volume a bit.

dreadknot

Forum Donor
thanks i just wanted to be sure, because when i see a power rec the says a peak of a 180watts

how far over can i really go with them or other some speakers i dont know

i notice with some speakers theres a normal ,continuous (ie long term load), an a peak (short term) power rec which iv aways found

helpful. so im my amp output fits the continuous amount i figure im safe

but with ones that only say normal an peak i thought that going over peak was ok to a degree for only so long

but knowing wither or not if any speakers im looking at can an how long by how much

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
would my crown xli 800 with 300watts per channel at 4ohms be to much
Nah. @AwesomeSauce2015 is correct, no such thing as too much power, but there IS such a thing as cranking it to 11 even when everything distorts. THAT will kill everything. Speaker specs are useless nonsense, ignore that stuff. Often invented by the marketing department; I've invented a number of specs in my time. Just TURN IT DOWN if things start to distort.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

tbob22

Encore T6's now at $118 - snagged a pair. o_O

I'm going to return the B6's and use the T5's in the garage. :D

jbattman1016

Yeah, I see that Target has them at the 118 price... too bad my living room can't support these... I'm already sad I can't fit the RSL 12S :)

adam2434

Crazy low price on the T6 now!

I ordered a pair 2 days ago when they were $145 each and thought I stole them!

I have no need for them and just wanted to try them out, and maybe replace my current garage speakers with them.

Walmart.com is going to give me a refund based on the current $119 each price.

Hell, I might buy another pair and gift them to someone!

Top Bottom