• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
The product has been out for more than 2 years, enough for the manufacturer to right out some kinks and other issues. I am no longer on the SINAD bandwagon and can live happily with a 85 dB SINAD which the HTP-1 clears...

There has been considerable engineering time spent on looking into this. I believe it's been cured of that issue. You might call them if interested.
I would wonder how much any current production "maybe available 12/22" would be to the one Amir measured over 2 years ago considering the chip issues and all that? Before making any decision on a new purchase I would like to see one of these units hit the bench to see what it looks like then. That looks to be at least a year down the road.
I agree it is a very interesting product and one I would be looking at if I was in the market, but the only info we can gleam from current owners would be relevant only to those buying used product already in the chain.

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What are the alternatives in this price range?

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There has been considerable engineering time spent on looking into this. I believe it's been cured of that issue. You might call them if interested.
Good to hear. It just seems that some (can't say how common it is of course) still have the issue. It is good to hear though and thanks for that info. As far as features, it can't be touched for 16 channels. Hopefully it will either have a replacement model, or become available again at some point.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
What are the alternatives in this price range?
With 16 channels, nothing I'm aware of.
Closest pre/pro I'm aware of is the 13 channel Marantz 8805

Then there's the Tonewinner AT-300 which I know nothing about and at $1395.00 scares the hell out of me.
Posts by the few current owners are mostly positive???

Beast76

It definitely has not been cured - boot loops are still a regular occurrence (I know, I’m a happy owner who’s had 4 or 5 boot loops since I purchased B-stock last August).

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Is there a fix?
Yes, no, yes, no, maybe, secret conspiracy fix, no, yes, ??? :facepalm:

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
No they worked on it for months and then said nah we don't want to fix that.
Sorry, but I'm having a hard time believing that.
Please link that comment

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor

Jdunk54nl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have one, it is stable and has been stable the entire time. Only minor issue was a random restart, but that was right after I left the Dirac setup and hasn't ever happened again.

There has been a lot of "conspiracy" by others about wifi/ethernet being the cause of the "new" bootloop that only a few are experiencing, it seems to be different from the original bootloop. The conspiracy is how the wifi/ethernet connection is handled if you have both active and how it decides which one to use or not use, etc. Above my paygrade though in understanding that networking startup protocol.

Overall I love mine and wouldn't go back to something else.

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm going to be ignoring posts about this processor going forward. I'm not a company representative. Just read what I've already said and read between the lines please, because I can't and won't spell it outright for you.
I don’t do lines but this smells like EOL (End of Life).

-Rich

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Next guess, there is there is no fix is forthcoming.

- Rich
Do you honestly believe that NOT addressing a fault would be something any responsible manufacturer of any product would do? Really?

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you honestly believe that NOT addressing a fault would be something any responsible manufacturer of any product would do? Really?

The question was asked "Is there a boot-loop fix?" Answer: heroin.
Perhaps, it has been addressed and not fixed... ;)

Honestly, there is so much double-speak, intent is difficult to discern.

- Rich

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
The question was asked "Is there a boot-loop fix?" Answer: heroin.
Perhaps, it has been addressed and not fixed... ;)

Honestly, there is so much double-speak, intent is difficult to discern.

- Rich
You remind me of an obnoxious reporter badgering people for some answer to be used for whatever purpose. Please stop it. You are free to purchase any brand you like, so there is no point in fixating on brands you don't like.

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You remind me of an obnoxious reporter badgering people for some answer to be used for whatever purpose. Please stop it. You are free to purchase any brand you like, so there is no point in fixating on brands you don't like.
It's weird, most of your posts seem to have been deleted, now only found in reples. :p

Q: Is the boot-loop problem fixed? :p
A: Move along you heroin taking, obnoxious, badgering reporter, you! :)

- Rich

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
What???
Your the one talking in riddles here.
How about some truthful straight talk for a change.

Top Bottom