• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

monolith m-10 v2 or svs sb-2000

SlamTaz

i know m-10 is ported and svs is sealed and after a bit of research (e.g. also looked at subwoofer comparison), i've narrowed down my choice between these 2 only, so please let me know your thoughts as to which one of these 2 you'd choose. im thinking that the former can be sealed if needed and that the price difference i can get them for is about usd$50 only.

also, this will be used with a pair of elac dbr62 and powered by sabaj a30a in a 1800 sqft +/- room for about 80% or more music and maybe 20% or less movies.

tia

Last edited:

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
I have no actual experience with Monolith subs. I do own two SVS SB-2000 subs and quite like them. Both of mine developed a hiss over time that I could hear from my listening position, about 8' away. SVS sent me new plate amps with no drama at all, which solved the problem, and the problem has remained solved.

The SB-2000 is capable of going very low with room reinforcement. These are mine, crossed at 80Hz to my Revel F206 small towers:

MMM Media Room Left F206 SB2000 Bass Frequencies 180.png

MMM Media Room Right F206 SB2000 Bass Frequencies 180.png

3125b

Major Contributor
Both will do a good job and be able to play a lot louder than the speakers at crossover.
The Monolith, despite being the smallest in its series, is rather big and heavy.
However despite being ported it likely has lower group delay, SVS always messes that up.

Top Bottom