• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mono class D that can ''match'' my stereo AMP.

Ciobi69

hello everyone, i have a little problem, right now for my multichannel system, i got 2 amplifiers, an old parasound with 3x200w x channel, and 2 Parasound JC1 400w mono amp
the thing is that my old parasound can't keep up with the jc1 for obvious reason, my question is if there is any Class D mono amplifier that can erogate more power closer to the jc1, atleast 400w 8ohm, can you reccomend me a module/kit? thank you!

Sokel

Master Contributor

Two channel but it can be used as mono too (the mono module is identical only missing some components on the output,you can also find it there much cheaper as a single module ready to work)
There is also the DIY kit for less,and others at a higher price.

OP
C

Ciobi69

Two channel but it can be used as mono too (the mono module is identical only missing some components on the output,you can also find it there much cheaper as a single module ready to work)
Ok thanks sounds like a good option

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What are the particulars on speakers/distances? Why do the amps need match particularly?

H-RYCAJ

Is that amp mislabled? Shouldn't it be producing 1200W per channel as its a 1200AS2 MODULE?

Sokel

Master Contributor
Is that amp mislabled? Shouldn't it be producing 1200W per channel as its a 1200AS2 MODULE?
I think they are just honest as they sould be:

power.PNG

Power 2.PNG

(and it's real close to Amir's meaurement of the Peachtree who uses the same module)

index.php

Edit:Amir's measurement.

Last edited:
OP
C

Ciobi69

What are the particulars on speakers/distances? Why do the amps need match particularly?
The speakers are 88db in sensitivity, i crank it loud during movies , the center is at 3 meters

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Since it is power you were asking.... Here is insane power and among the highest SINAD too.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Since it is power you were asking.... Here is insane power and among the highest SINAD too.

For 4 times the price (really 6 times if you built it yourself like me) to power lows,no thank you :p

Even if I wanted the specific power I would go for 2000as and there's 5000as (yes,5000 watts) coming.
(you can go for Benchmark to power highs for that kind of money)

Top Bottom