• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monkey Coffins Anyone?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's a 2 way called "The Borg" from Fink Team with a 1st order crossover for only 24,900 Euros.
Full review here: https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/finkteam-borg-loudspeakers/
Perhaps we Audiophiles need an Onion...

01-5.jpg

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps we Audiophiles need an Onion...

You're behind the times, Ron. Audiophile "onions" are available for those who need more panache than the almost universally admired TungSol 6SN7GTB's that sell for $40/pair.
Tungsol 6SN7GTB.jpg

--------------

You can buy a pair of the older Shuguang "onion" globe 6SN7's for about $120 from Icon Audio...
Shuguang-Onion-6sn7-Matched-pair-from-Icon.jpg

...although one reviewer said the lack of adequate interior structure support make them highly microphonic - or...

for only $375, you can get a pair of "Grade A" gold-base globe Sunguang 6SN7-SE's from PsvaneTubes.com...

Shuguang 6SN7-SE Globe.jpg

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I was thinking about The Onion. https://www.theonion.com/ If you have never seen this before don't blame me if it causes mental illness.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
:cool:
I was thinking about The Onion. https://www.theonion.com/ If you have never seen this before don't blame me if it causes mental illness.

LOL - Just as people have quoted and linked to The Onion, not realizing it was satire, an audiophile onion would have a hard time standing out from some supposedly serious audiophile mags and websites.

Edit: After reading some of the PF review, if I didn't know better, I might think it was indeed, an "audiophile onion" with this kind of gibberish:

One could also hear, however, the Borg model's own specific features. They have quite a hard "push"—something that closely follows the strike. I have heard this type of a musical message, although not such a good one, from JBL loudspeakers that also have paper membranes (e.g. the S3900 model ). The push is better differentiated in Karl-Heinz's loudspeakers, thanks to which their sound is deeper and denser, but still fast. The imaging of these loudspeakers focuses on larger planes, without clearly detailing them. Everything is there, it is real high-end, but it is going in the direction of "adjusting" the message and not towards analysis.

Last edited:

Severian

Forum Donor
I am quite happy with monkey coffins but they are a $400 pair of BIC RTR-EV15s...

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
It's a 2 way called "The Borg" from Fink Team with a 1st order crossover for only 24,900 Euros.

"What has been used in the Borg model is a complex sophisticated Linkwitz-Riley 4th order crossover with time delay between two sections."

1556753274095.png

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
"What has been used in the Borg model is a complex sophisticated Linkwitz-Riley 4th order crossover with time delay between two sections."

My mistake. With a name like Borg, who cares?

Biblob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I do find them to be very attractive looking though.

Fregly

Fink Team and The Borg. Is this a spoof? Most people will not have a monkey to bury. These are proper dog coffins.

Top Bottom