• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monitor PC mic input via headphones without latancy

Valorum

Forum Donor
This isn't exactly a highbrow audiophile inquiry, but I'm facing a problem while talking online via VoIP.

My closed-back headphones end up blocking enough sound that I can't readily hear my voice over what's playing through the headphones, which I don't like. The only option I've found so far is enabling "listen to device" in Windows input devices, which plays the mic input through the headphones, but there's a good 0.5+ second lag, which really messes me up.

Is there an easy remedy to this?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Is there an easy remedy to this?

I put my fingers in my ears, and put my hands over my ears, and seemed to hear myself even better in both cases than nude.

Maybe turn down whatever to which you are listening in the phones, until you and they are more balanced? (blasphemous, I know...)

OP
V

Valorum

Forum Donor
Hah, okay, I should have specified, "is there an easy way to get the mic input to play in the headphones without [noticeable] latency?"

Dimitri

-Use a headset more "suited" to VOIP
-Use a microphone with a "monitor out" and when you get on a call, unplug your headset from the PC and plug it into the "monitor out" of the microphone.

OP
V

Valorum

Forum Donor
Excellent, thank you. I will read about this.

Top Bottom