• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC and Streamer Review

ChrisUK

Will be welcomed. But beware about going too much into subjective/uncontrolled listening. ;);)Joke aside, I'm sure anybody want to see the dCs measured by @amirm...:cool:

I'm going to have a go at measuring the dCS myself, but my kit will be limited.

If there is anybody in the UK with an AP I would be happy to sort something out so we can all see the numbers.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm going to have a go at measuring the dCS myself, but my kit will be limited.

If there is anybody in the UK with an AP I would be happy to sort something out so we can all see the numbers.
Which dCS do you have? Depending on the model there are already measurements online.

ChrisUK

Will be welcomed. But beware about going too much into subjective/uncontrolled listening. ;);)Joke aside, I'm sure anybody want to see the dCs measured by @amirm...:cool:

Actually you have a point, there is little point posting any type of listening test or measurements.

A very strange place ASR, much like being on a car forum that posts engine stats but no actual driving experience....

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Actually you have a point, there is little point posting any type of listening test or measurements.

A very strange place ASR, much like being on a car forum that posts engine stats but no actual driving experience....

It would be more like being in a car forum where everyone posts their latest greatest improvement or purchase, talks about how much better and faster it is, but nobody posts track times...

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
car forum where everyone posts their latest greatest improvement or purchase, talks about how much better and faster it is, but nobody posts track times
Yep.Track times are actually measurements. The place would be useless if anybody would claim "I'm able to end this track in under 1.34min"... Without bringing any proof of it.:rolleyes:

Oh, wait: that's actually what happens in most audiophile forums!:p

LuckyLuke575

Forum Donor
Very nice DAC and SOTA performance. This one deserves to be at the top of the list and sit in a 6 or 7 figure hifi system. But I'm more pleased with the fact that the EUR 130 Topping E30 DAC sitting on my desk gives me almost the same performance :)

Last edited:

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Very nice DAC and SOTA performance. This one deserves to be at the top of the list and sit in a 6 or 7 figure hifi system. But I'm more pleased with the fact that the EUR 130 Topping E30 DAC sitting on my desk gives me almost the same performance :)
Until, like me, you stop self congratulating on how smart you were to buy so much performance for such a low price and discover how the user experience is crappy, between the noises emitted for whatever reason, the remote having the same working angles as the one from a cheap 80's stereo shitbox, the commands with no meaning, and the auto on-off not working with whatever Linux based (rasp, android...). Paying 130 EUR., for this? I did it. Let's say it's part of the 2020 experience.

barrows

I would actually suggest that the Tambaqui is the best value DAC on the market as it bests many DACs at 5 times its price. One receives truly ground breaking SOTA sound quality from the Tambaqui.
If one is under the impression that there are DACs which sound as good as the Tambaqui for way less money, please let me know what DACs those are AFTER you have actually made the listening comparison.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have compared it to the dacs I have here, Soncoz SGD1 and the RME ADI range, no difference in sound quality.
Keith

Feyire

I would actually suggest that the Tambaqui is the best value DAC on the market as it bests many DACs at 5 times its price. One receives truly ground breaking SOTA sound quality from the Tambaqui.
If one is under the impression that there are DACs which sound as good as the Tambaqui for way less money, please let me know what DACs those are AFTER you have actually made the listening comparison.
Send me your Tambaqui and I'll compare it against my Okto DAC8 Stereo.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Send me your Tambaqui and I'll compare it against my Okto DAC8 Stereo.
I'm just wondering what there is to compare. The numbers speak for themselves, no?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
... You speak like there would be so "many" DACs costing that much... :rolleyes: Plus, I lost the count how many times I've read this exact same sentence for any Audio product.
For 50k+ usd I only know of dCS Vivaldi, MSB Select and Esoteric Grandioso D1X.

Pritaudio

How about using improved power supplies to improve the presentation without having any as of now measurable difference. It’s the way our hearing has evolved combined with other dimensions.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Trinity! This is the original ‘Trinity’ preamp,

Dietmar was going to produce a fine measuring range of products at reasonably inexpensive prices.
Until his far eastern distributor told him that the cases were too light and the prices too cheap, in came milled from solid and a tripling of the retail price, with the old boards simply being inserted into the new cases, we parted company at that point.
Keith

Veri

Master Contributor
It’s the way our hearing has evolved combined with other dimensions.
Ah yes, I see it now o_O:p

LSlOqzB.png

Top Bottom