• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mola-Mola Makua

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Purité Audio’s new Mola-Mola ‘Makua’ preamp/phono stage and dac arrives this week.
The Makua completes our Mola lineup, Kaluga mono blocs, stand-alone Tamabaqui dac and Makua preamp.
The Makua can be configured to your specification, phono stage and dac modules can be added at a later date if required.
https://www.puriteaudio.co.uk/mola

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Tambaqui is large freshwater fish found in the Amazon Frank ( F1 eng)has eaten one!
Makua an ethnic group from East Africa?
Mola-Mola is the large ocean Sun-Fish.
Kaluga is a type of Russian sturgeon, Frank May have also eaten one, I don’t know.
Keith

garbulky

Major Contributor
Tambaqui is large freshwater fish found in the Amazon Frank ( F1 eng)has eaten one!
Kaluga is a type of Russian sturgeon, Frank May have also eaten one, I don’t know.
Keith
Tambaqui
220px-Pacu_shedd.jpg

Mola Mola
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA5Ny8xNzcvb3JpZ2luYWwvbW9sYS1tb2xhLXN1bmZpc2guanBn

Kaluga
huso-dauricus.jpg

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What is the origin of these product names?
PR: So at the initial launch in the second quarter of 2014, you’ll have the Makua preamp and the Kaluga monoblocks?

BP: Yep, you’ve got the names right. I shouldn’t actually worry too much about these names -- I was planning on calling them Preamp and Power Amp, until our Japanese distributor said we need to have a type number or a name. So I proposed denki unagi (electric eel) in Japanese characters, and he said no, Japanese customers want Western print on their boxes. Then I just went looking for other names of fish that I like. Kaluga is a type of sturgeon, and Makua is actually Hawaiian for Mola-Mola.

https://www.soundstageultra.com/ind...s-of-mola-mola-hypex-and-grimm-audio-part-two

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Keith
The whole story smells pretty fishy to me. :confused:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
I have seen Mola-Mola while diving in Indonesia. They like to stay near the surface, so with luck they can be viewed without scuba as in the photo.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Kaluga Caviar is supposed to be excellent.
Humans will eat some unbelievably disgusting stuff. :eek:
And go thru an incredible amount of trouble to obtain it. :facepalm:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Top Bottom