• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mola-Mola’s new dac the Tambaqui

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Kii weren’t happy that I took on a ‘direct competitor’ in the shape of the 8C, odd really as having both speakers generates far more interest for both.
After they kicked me off, Kii appointed a U.K. distributor who is a decent guy and he took me back on, he is also the Mola-Mola distributor.
I sold Mola in the Uk a few years back, good solid equipment .
Keith

Whenever I searched for info on either I often saw your name come up. Bizarre that they would do this to a dealer who was bringing much attention to these kind of speakers considering how much help they need getting through to audiophiles that do no believe in active/all in one.

I will ask Bruno if I see him at a hifi show about multichannel, sometimes easier to just pester people in real life and give them good reasons why it is needed instead of over email :p

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Whenever I searched for info on either I often saw your name come up. Bizarre that they would do this to a dealer who was bringing much attention to these kind of speakers considering how much help they need getting through to audiophiles that do no believe in active/all in one.
They are truly stupid for dropping Keith. He was their biggest champion by far. Shows how little business experience Bruno has.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I thought that too, until I received a really ******, pathetic email from Bruno.
Shame really as an engineer he has my respect as a person,not to much.
Keith

Perfect sense

I thought that too, until I received a really ******, pathetic email from Bruno.
Shame really as an engineer he has my respect as a person,not to much.
Keith

Hmm...OK. But the distribution strategy is fronted by his slightly taller colleagues. What goes on behind closed doors is a different matter though of course.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes, we first met when he was with Grimm.
It really doesn’t matter Tom at Kii is really nice and the new U.K. guy Andy Baker is a decent bloke.
Looking forward to receiving the new BXT?
Keith

Perfect sense

Yes, we first met when he was with Grimm.
It really doesn’t matter Tom at Kii is really nice and the new U.K. guy Andy Baker is a decent bloke.
Looking forward to receiving the new BXT?
Keith

Yes, Tom is a nice guy for sure.

Our focus now and forward is the establishment and sales of Dutch & Dutch and Grimm. Based on my experiences here, D&D 8C and Grimm (within their individual price points) are superior in performance, design and build quality.

Kii has in my opinion misjudged the market and sales potential in Sweden. We did well, but it wasn't enough.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Marcus you used to sell Kii didn’t you , manufacturers always imagine a change of distributor will stimulate sales.
Keith

Perfect sense

Marcus you used to sell Kii didn’t you , manufacturers always imagine a change of distributor will stimulate sales.
Keith

Yes, we did. Kii decided to contract one of the largest distributors in Sweden this spring. Haven't seen Kii anywhere in Sweden since... Go figure.

Establishing new brands takes a lot of time and effort on a conservative market, especially disruptive brands aiming to change well rooted perceptions.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Short term greed, establishing Kii over here was really hard, no one would believe of what they were capable, still don’t!
We even sold pairs of speakers ( never enough of course) first time I have ever been kicked off when I was actually selling the product.
How do the Grimms compare we had a few pairs of the original LS1 and I thought they were super, but difficult to sell, unknown active system etc etc , well you are fully aware of the issues.
BW Keith

Perfect sense

Short term greed, establishing Kii over here was really hard, no one would believe of what they were capable, still don’t!
We even sold pairs of speakers ( never enough of course) first time I have ever been kicked off when I was actually selling the product.
How do the Grimms compare we had a few pairs of the original LS1 and I thought they were super, but difficult to sell, unknown active system etc etc , well you are fully aware of the issues.
BW Keith

We sold about 12-14 pairs of Kii Threes in less than two years (most of them the first year actually to the early adopters). That's more than any other single brand on this level here. Still not enough though.

We're just getting started with Grimm. Time will tell :)

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, Tom is a nice guy for sure.

Our focus now and forward is the establishment and sales of Dutch & Dutch and Grimm. Based on my experiences here, D&D 8C and Grimm (within their individual price points) are superior in performance, design and build quality.

Kii has in my opinion misjudged the market and sales potential in Sweden. We did well, but it wasn't enough.

The 8Cs are simply better than the Kiis. I also wish you success selling the 8Cs, both for your sake and for the good of the hobby.

Theo

Says there: "PWM DAC ....Avoids “sigma delta” tones." Anyone have a comparison of measurements from both methods? Why should PWM be better?

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The 8c also look much better than the rather toy-ish looking Kii Three.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
This has been a long time in development ,Bruno Putzeys/Bart Van Lamm’s design for Mola-Mola,
https://www.mola-mola.nl/tambaqui.php
Arrives early next month.
Keith
Getting back on track over this Moolah Moolah DAC,
Considering the integrity you display with your position on the marketing of cables, etc. Plus a few of the comments you've made here,
It is quite tricky for manufacturers even ‘moral’ ( ish) ones, he could hardly say ‘this dac is better than a $100 topping’ now could he?
Keith
Having said that it may not be better than the Topping!
I am wondering why you would attempt to market a $10k piece of audiophoolery?

Top Bottom