• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mola-Mola’s new dac the Tambaqui

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Wombat

Master Contributor
Interesting.

17.png

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Putzeys keeps up the subjectivist marketing talk. "The full performance of the analogue original"... What does that even mean? These days, all originals are digital, and analogue replay mediums are extremely far from having "full performance" on every conceivable parameter.

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's pretty much mandatory in this market segment isn't it?

To sell in Hell you have to deal with the Devil...

True. But I still think it's disappointing that even Putzeys succumbs to it. That way, I have no way of knowing which of his claims I should take seriously, and which ones I should discard as marketing fluff.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
True. But I still think it's disappointing that even Putzeys succumbs to it. That way, I have no way of knowing which of his claims I should take seriously, and which ones I should discard as marketing fluff.

If they'd at least post some graphs somewhere we could skip straight to those, but I didn't see any.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It is quite tricky for manufacturers even ‘moral’ ( ish) ones, he could hardly say ‘this dac is better than a $100 topping’ now could he?
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Having said that it may not be better than the Topping!
Keith

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It is quite tricky for manufacturers even ‘moral’ ( ish) ones, he could hardly say ‘this dac is better than a $100 topping’ now could he?
Keith

Well it should measure better at least.

Also, with enough averaging shouldn't -140db distortion show up on something like an AP555? Not sure if "unmeasurable" is really true or not...

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
Keith

Well, you’ve previously quoted Daniel Weiss.

So people are cut differently.

Weiss sells expensive stuff but he never claims better performance for his more expensive gear.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
He talks in the language of his audience, He’s in it to make money not to be a hero.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Well, you’ve previously quoted Daniel Weiss.

So people are cut differently.

Weiss sells expensive stuff but he never claims better performance for his more expensive gear.
Daniel will say if the specification/measurements have been improved,even he probably wouldn’t say in public whether those improvements are audible.
Keith

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Keith, please implore him to do a multichannel DAC.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I am afraid relations have been somewhat frosty since he kicked me off as a Kii retailer, you would probably be better off asking him yourself!
Keith

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Putzeys keeps up the subjectivist marketing talk. "The full performance of the analogue original"... What does that even mean? These days, all originals are digital, and analogue replay mediums are extremely far from having "full performance" on every conceivable parameter.
It is obvious what has happened to Putzey.

He is the smart engineer.
https://xkcd.com/670/
1540243387105.png

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I am afraid relations have been somewhat frosty since he kicked me off as a Kii retailer, you would probably be better off asking him yourself!
Keith

But you are still a dealer for Mola Mola?

What happened with the Kii situation? If you can't divulge I understand.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Kii weren’t happy that I took on a ‘direct competitor’ in the shape of the 8C, odd really as having both speakers generates far more interest for both.
After they kicked me off, Kii appointed a U.K. distributor who is a decent guy and he took me back on, he is also the Mola-Mola distributor.
I sold Mola in the Uk a few years back, good solid equipment .
Keith

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Top Bottom