• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Modi 3 release with measurements from Schiit

Pavano

5 rows

...(insignificant)

IS THIS INTENDED COMEDY? God damn what is up with audio forums, god damn echo chambers and circle-jerking. They're probably saying the same about us, over here; but at least I still feel comfortably sane! Measurably good specs will always be measurably good specs, everything outside that is horse-shit.
Yeah intended, and probably failed comedy :)

Veri

Master Contributor
I fear he is actually dead serious in quantifying the observed amount of rows in front of him, really...

I've read crazier things :rolleyes:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I ordered it over the weekend and just got the notification that it has shipped.
We need to test for the 5 rows phenomenon, if you can’t determine this by objective measurement it’s all the more evidence to suggest measurements don’t tell the whole story or even a chapter of the audio book.

I wonder if we mod it can I have my bar seat?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
We need to test for the 5 rows phenomenon, if you can’t determine this by objective measurement it’s all the more evidence to suggest measurements don’t tell the whole story or even a chapter of the audio book.
I have ordered that option for my Audio Precision analyzer. Problem is, it requires a virgin living on a tropical island to run it. Otherwise they won't guarantee the results!

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Problem is, it requires a virgin living on a tropical island to run it
So what's the problem? We have @Thomas savage :p

Also, I want to know which DAC will put me right on stage with the artist/s. Please measure this in your future DAC reviews.

patient_ot

Very interested to see the results. I own the Modi 2 Uber which I will likely be replacing with a non-Schiit product eventually.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
So what's the problem? We have @Thomas savage :p

Also, I want to know which DAC will put me right on stage with the artist/s. Please measure this in your future DAC reviews.
Theres nothing wrong with staying pure, oh @amirm mum says I can do it.

When you wake up in the mornings to freshly starched underpants and breakfast all laid out there really is no point living anywhere else.

Wombat

Master Contributor

maxxevv

Major Contributor
I ordered it over the weekend and just got the notification that it has shipped.

You should have done it by proxy and incognito if you didn't.

I think they would cherry pick one when they see your order on their logistics system just to ace your tests.... :p

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
You should have done it by proxy and incognito if you didn't.
Yeh, I thought about it. It would only be "smart" of them to have been on look out for my order. Let's see how they do and in the future, I am sure we can get another random sample to confirm the results.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Did you have to use a fictitious name for the order to go through?
No, I use my real name. It is not professional to do otherwise.

On their end, I suspect Schiit is big enough company that different set of people process orders than Jason/Mike.

I had one of my orders get thrown back at me once but that was from a one-man-shop.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Last edited:

derp1n

snip3r77

No, I use my real name. It is not professional to do otherwise.

On their end, I suspect Schiit is big enough company that different set of people process orders than Jason/Mike.

I had one of my orders get thrown back at me once but that was from a one-man-shop.

Highly doubt Mike and Jason will be doing the invoicing. It should be the logistics dept doing it.

BTW, SBAF's subjective review
https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/schiit-modi-3.6855/

measurements
https://www.superbestaudiofriends.o...iit-modi-3-dac-measurements.6856/#post-225679

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

I wonder if we mod it can I have my bar seat?
How does the plankton fit into the 5 rows?

Top Bottom