• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Modi 3 release with measurements from Schiit

OP
J

Jacona

Good on them on both fronts. And yes, would be good to get one to measure. Did they say when it would be available?
From the announcement
"Modi 3 replaces both Modi 2 and Modi 2 Uber, at $99. It is available for purchase now at schiit.com "

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I hope you are able to test this new product soon. The test results Schiit released today need to be independently verified.
No no, me and @amirm are retiring now . We plan to winter in yellow stone national park , living off the land and keeping each other warm on those long dark and cold winters nights by basking in our mutual affection and farting a lot in the tent.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
If it doesn't have all the extra noise and distortion nobody will like it, LOL.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Hi Thomas. I didn't know Amir had appointed mods for his forum but it makes sense. This forum has really taken off. The last bastion of objectivity in the headphone community.
I prefer the term ‘ almighty overlord ‘ myself...

Tortie

Forum Donor
If it doesn't have all the extra noise and distortion nobody will like it, LOL.

I'm a little concerned for the folks at SBAF. A properly designed product from Schiit that measures well will be a very bewildering development for that lot. Like a solar eclipse was to the ancient Incas.

They will be so confused, that for once, they don't have to spin and obfuscate for their beloved company.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I dunno, they'll probably adopt the standard tactic of subjective reviewers and applaud Schiit for making the improvements they'd suggested, the fact that they had assured us the last version was wonderful and hadn't actually suggested any improvements doesn't matter. Not that I'm a cynic or anything.

derp1n

I'm a little concerned for the folks at SBAF. A properly designed product from Schiit that measures well will be a very bewildering development for that lot. Like a solar eclipse was to the ancient Incas.

They will be so confused, that for once, they don't have to spin and obfuscate for their beloved company.
You underestimate SBAF.

"As for the sound, I find it hard to believe that it's a SD DAC."

But don't worry, it's still worth upgrading to Modi Multibit.

"Where the Modi Multibit pulls ahead is with the imaging where there is stuff front, back, in between, etc."

Although you're still sitting five rows closer than if you were listening via the Grace SDAC.

"Soundstage of both DACs is very similar with the Modi 3 stage being closer by 5 rows (insignificant), but also offering noticeably more depth to instruments on the stage."

Endless comedy is always available on SBAF.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
You underestimate SBAF.

"Where the Modi Multibit pulls ahead is with the imaging where there is stuff front, back, in between, etc."

Although you're still sitting five rows closer than if you were listening via the Grace SDAC.

"Soundstage of both DACs is very similar with the Modi 3 stage being closer by 5 rows (insignificant), but also offering noticeably more depth to instruments on the stage."

What dac do I buy if I want to be in a small venue but at the back sat at the bar?

Shit, I’m going to have to sign up to SBAF , you guys don’t know squat.

Pavano

You underestimate SBAF.

5 rows?!? But such narrows rows for sure. Can someone transform that number into wide rows? OtherwiseI’m stuck in medium. Such mediocrity...

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Obviously would be great to see if Amir can confirm those measurements and see if things are improved from the Modi 2 variants.
I ordered it over the weekend and just got the notification that it has shipped.

Veri

Master Contributor
5 rows?!? But such narrows rows for sure. Can someone transform that number into wide rows? OtherwiseI’m stuck in medium. Such mediocrity...

5 rows

...(insignificant)

IS THIS INTENDED COMEDY? God damn what is up with audio forums, god damn echo chambers and circle-jerking. They're probably saying the same about us, over here; but at least I still feel comfortably sane! Measurably good specs will always be measurably good specs, everything outside that is horse-shit.

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I ordered it over the weekend and just got the notification that it has shipped.
At least they haven't taken you off the ship to list like some other company did.

Top Bottom