• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mobile Fidelity Analog Vinyl Controversy

killdozzer

Major Contributor
The fraud is audiophile-vinylphile hearing and beliefs. This very large scale blind test removed any shred of doubt about whether these delusional golden ears can "hear" digital "artifacts".
Anyone with an iota of sense knew they couldn't, this proved it in rather amusing fashion.
Oh, I fully agree and it was still a blatant fraud. And it is not in hearing nor beliefs. It's in claiming "it's all analogue" when it isn't.

If I ask you for a medium strong glue and you give me a "better" super strong glue while saying it's medium, it's a fraud. In your mind it may seem you' were doing me a favour, but you lied in order to sell. It's a fraud.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
The fraud is audiophile-vinylphile hearing and beliefs. This very large scale blind test removed any shred of doubt about whether these delusional golden ears can "hear" digital "artifacts".
Anyone with an iota of sense knew they couldn't, this proved it in rather amusing fashion.
Yep, That's why the believer clan is spinning so hard over all this, it really highlighted the "emperors new clothes" aspect
and made them publicly look so foooolish.

As to the rest of all this, anyone who knows me is aware of my digital - vinyl thoughts.
Any talk of sound quality aside, the day I got my first CD player and was able to put all the
PITA user inconvenience aspects of the LP aside, I was over the moon thrilled and that
feeling hasn't changed in the near 40 years since. ;)

Top Bottom