• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mixer-style speaker level adjustments on AVR?

Doctors11

The more I try to figure out which modern AVR to buy, the more I find I’ll be missing out on basic things I’ve come to rely on, such as the ability to tweak the levels of my centre/surrounds/subs on the fly. Such a chore to trawl through manuals and examine remotes to figure this stuff out….
Lately I've been reading owner's manuals on line (Crutchfield) and it looks like most AVRs let you adjust the center and sub on the fly but so far the only model I've found that lets you adjust the surrounds on the fly is the NAD T 778. But at $3200 it way out of my reach.

Trell

Major Contributor
Lately I've been reading owner's manuals on line (Crutchfield) and it looks like most AVRs let you adjust the center and sub on the fly but so far the only model I've found that lets you adjust the surrounds on the fly is the NAD T 778. But at $3200 it way out of my reach.

You can do that on Denon AVR but not using their remote. On my harmony remote I've programmed center as well as surround level change.

Doctors11

You can do that on Denon AVR but not using their remote. On my harmony remote I've programmed center as well as surround level change.
Thanks for that. Which model remote do you have?

Doctors11

The Harmony Elite that I upgraded to from my older one last year when Logitech was exiting the remote business.
Thanks. I see their website is still up...are they completely gone? Are there any other companies making similar ones? Still sucks that AVR companies don't include this simple command.

Trell

Major Contributor
Thanks. I see their website is still up...are they completely gone? Are there any other companies making similar ones? Still sucks that AVR companies don't include this simple command.

Logitech promised to have up and running servers for years to come, as long as their are any users, and from their history with other discontinued product lines I'm inclined to believe them. Hopefully something similar comes up that does not cost a small fortune.

I bought two Elite with one spare, while my decade old Harmony remote still works well. But there is currently nothing for me to replace it with.

You can still buy Logitech universal remotes online but the availability may be scare, depending on where you live.

Top Bottom