• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mitchco's excellent reviews of the Kii Three and Dutch&Dutch 8c.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Mitchco who is a member here does excellent articles and reviews over at CA (computer audiophile).
I think considering the innovation seen in the Kii Three and Dutch&Dutch 8c his reviews of these two excellent speakers is well worth reading. I know we have other threads on these. Hopefully it will be worthwhile to have one about the reviews of both as Mitchco does measurements too.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/reviews/dutch-dutch-8c-loudspeaker-review-r739/

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/reviews/kii-three-loudspeaker-review-r735/

The Kii Three was reviewed first.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They are really comprehensive and thoughtful, if only every review were like them.
Keith

Krunok

Major Contributor
Excellent review indeed. And trully remarkable speakers..

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Agreed, this is the sort of review that is worth so much more than the typical drivel in the magazines, he investigates and explores the speakers, and by putting measurements in the reviews you can see what he is talking about.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I don’t supppsoe they have heard a loudspeaker without the usual, ‘thrum’ of colouration.
Keith

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don’t supppsoe they have heard a loudspeaker without the usual, ‘thrum’ of colouration.
Keith
It's just their opinion, and it's different from most others.

OP
Blumlein 88

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's just their opinion, and it's different from most others.
I thought the review was well done. The review is very positive. Their only knock was some magic, and microdynamic expressiveness missing. Both read like missing coloration to me. There are a number of fine details you hear that are sometimes part of a small coloration that work with some music. When the coloration is gone you notice and think some pieces of music lesser for it.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@Blumlein 88 I agree the review was well done, but my read is more negative. The range of gear available locally is limited. For the most part what we have is Magnolia. There is a Wilson dealer, but I have other priorities. In other words, I will not get a chance to hear much of this stuff unless it comes from B&W or Martin Logan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom