• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
@mitchco LS50's/L12's/XLS 1502 making great music, thanks.

Omid

I
Hi Omid,

Not nosy at all. I had a momentary lapse of judgement, then I quickly came to my senses :) They are not for sale anymore, but can't take the ad down. If I was to upgrade, it would likely be to change the narrower JBL 2384 waveguide pattern from 90 x 50 degrees to say a JBL M2 waveguide with it's 120 x 110 pattern. Or perhaps an Earl Geddes design 90 degree OSWG design I have been eyeing over at diyAudio.

One of the reasons I am able to achieve a flatter response is due to being an active 3 way system. I can individually tailor the output level to each driver to better match the end target, so less correction is applied.

Kind regards,
Mitch

I have two Ahb2 amps connected in bridged mono, so I can have 4 channels of amplification to do a digital XO if I want to. My DAC is a MOTU8a which is multichannel, so no problem there.
My sub is powered separately.
Maybe I should just go for it. Are the woofers typically just screwed in or is there a seal I have to rip off and reapply when I’m done rewiring it?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Not nosy at all. I had a momentary lapse of judgement, then I quickly came to my senses
Good to hear that even a pro-expert like yourself sometimes struggles with the upgrade-ites virus. :p
Glad you came to your senses this time and are not now suffering from buyers remorse. LOL
Cheers, Sal

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@mitchco Mitch Barnett recently launched his Accurate Sound Calibration Service. Mitch has been a great teacher to many. Mitch is a DSP, low frequency optimization and active loudspeaker enthusiast and evangelist. Mitch has written extensively on this topic which includes a complete guide in book format. For many years, Mitch has helped me with various technical questions on both hardware and different software like REW, Acourate and Audiolense. I believe Mitch will help many more folks in the future. Mitch's service is applicable to anyone in search of the best possible playback either at home or in the professional environment.

https://accuratesound.ca/

Michael Lowe

I didn't even know about the book. Just bought it.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

rubendub

@mitchco has helped me remotely with measurements and corrections, and I'm so glad I asked him to. I'm listening to my new sound and enjoying it like never before!

If you are planning to do some room correction, I can give my warmest recommendation to let him assist you. Great work, great support!

Vintage57

Forum Donor
@mitchco has helped me remotely with measurements and corrections, and I'm so glad I asked him to. I'm listening to my new sound and enjoying it like never before!

If you are planning to do some room correction, I can give my warmest recommendation to let him assist you. Great work, great support!

My experience was similar. I used Mitchco's service to adjust new speakers to the room or vise versa. With his help my new speakers sound more focused and with cleaner,tighter bass. I opted for the target curve that Mr Toole would say is preferred by the untrained ear. The flatter curves sound bass shy to me.

I must confess that I am a bit of a Luddite when it comes to anything more involved than basic computer applications. Mitch was extremely patient and walked me, at my slow pace, through the process with Roon and Audiolense. The unintended benefit is my new knowledge of using REW, Roon and Audiolense.

Highly recommended A+

Eurasian

Forum Donor
My experience was similar. I used Mitchco's service to adjust new speakers to the room or vise versa. With his help my new speakers sound more focused and with cleaner,tighter bass. I opted for the target curve that Mr Toole would say is preferred by the untrained ear. The flatter curves sound bass shy to me.

I must confess that I am a bit of a Luddite when it comes to anything more involved than basic computer applications. Mitch was extremely patient and walked me, at my slow pace, through the process with Roon and Audiolense. The unintended benefit is my new knowledge of using REW, Roon and Audiolense.

Highly recommended A+

Hi there,

Which level of Mitch's service did you use?

Vintage57

Forum Donor

peanuts

i also have a pair of cornscala`s. always wondered what they really measure like, since the crossover contains almost nothing. blew the mids a couple of times due to the soft slope. :facepalm:

mitchco

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
I was fortunate enough to be invited by David Snyder @dsnyder0cnn of the San Francisco Audiophile Society to talk about DSP/DRC.

While the video begins at my DSP talk, I encourage folks to rewind to the beginning of the video as David has a wonderful presentation on streaming and using a Raspberry PI as a Roon endpoint.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I was fortunate enough to be invited by David Snyder @dsnyder0cnn of the San Francisco Audiophile Society to talk about DSP/DRC.
You look a bit different than the avatar photo. :p

Gerryh

Forum Donor
I too will highly recommend his DSP services. He presented a number of filters for me until I finally settled on one - it was an iterative and very educational process. He's very patient and happy to answer any and all questions (including all my stupid ones!). I ended up with a roll off at 2khz and a slight bass boost below 100 hz. A completely flat curve sounded too bright and a bit bass light for me.

Its an amazing difference between using and not using DSP.

G

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Top Bottom