• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MIT music interface technologies (Snake Oil)?

Andysu

Major Contributor
Last edited:
OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

I don't think they ever trademarked MIT so Musical Interface Technologies can go on as the farce that they are.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
What is inside the oracle box used for skywalker sound? I guess it has some common as mud capacitors I wouldn't be at surprised. The box what so special about the box, it doesn't even make coffee much less cab be used as a dish washer. £35.300 grand really.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Articulation console? Clear voices but the piano sounds like a banjo?

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
I am pretty sure MIT did trademark MIT.

After a quick search (here): “Massachusetts Institute of Technology and MIT are registered trademarks of the Institute.”

There is an issue that they might care less than 0 about this.

There was the story that Monster Cable tried to get Fenway Park to cease and desist calling the left field wall the green monster, this was a total fabrication.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
There is an issue that they might care less than 0 about this.
the green monster, .
Green monsters, come again?
I just grab me a Monster Munch and eat some to improve my hearing of course very hard to prove that claim now.
51ge+B9MPmL._AC_.jpg

I'm serious I want see what is inside this oracle. skywalker sound has 40 of them that is 1.5million dollars worth of pure insanity :eek:o_O

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Green monsters, come again?
I just grab me a Monster Munch and eat some to improve my hearing of course very hard to prove that claim now.
View attachment 122697

I'm serious I want see what is inside this oracle. skywalker sound has 40 of them that is 1.5million dollars worth of pure insanity :eek:o_O

I can't help you with this.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
1617854303434.png

It consists of a cheap, generic 10 ohm metal film resistor in series with the center lead. The resistor damps ringing in the digital signal and is the patented networking part of the digital interconnect.

DESCRIPTION

AVT 3 Digital Cable

• Premium digital interconnect
  • Patented Digital Terminator Technology eliminates jitter-based distortions
  • Silver-clad OFC Copper center conductor improves low-level detail.
  • High-purity copper shields for superior noise rejection
  • Gas-injected P.E. insulation reduces distortions
  • True 75-Ohm construction for optimum match per industry standards

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
View attachment 122710
MIT patented digital network for low jitter better sounding digital signal transmission. It consists of a cheap, generic 10 ohm metal film resistor in series with the center lead. The resistor damps ringing in the digital signal and is the patented networking part of the digital interconnect.
"patented". Not anymore. I may try that I have lots of resistors that cost far less than the whole snake oil cable.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IIRC, the IP on trademarks is limited to an area of "product."

IF so, then one could easily create MIT cereal, etc.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
When I did my speaker cable comparison the Goldmund and MIT cables in the compare both had filter boxes in line and both sounded different to the other cables in the test.
I was not surprised since they have components in them.
I was using a Spectral DMA 180 amp in the comparison, maybe the filter improved its stability too?
Anyway my current speaker cables cost £32 on ebay, so you can deduce the result of my listening comparisons.

Top Bottom