• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mirrorless Interchangeable lens camera issue.

cistercian

Forum Donor
When I got back into photography after the death of film I went with Nikon DSLR's....
Because my Black body FM2 had been so good to me. I started with a 3400...then a 7100,
then a 7200...and finally a couple of D500's. I bought pro FX glass and enjoyed the center sweet
spot of the lens as well as the epic high ISO performance. I managed to get the 2 lenses I had always
wanted, A 200F2G VR2 and an older 300F2.8...the heaviest one they ever built and the first with really
fast auto focus. Results were beyond my wildest dreams! As I said to a friend who went the Fuji mirrorless
route...wow! I finally easily achieve National Geographic level results! He readily agreed and said he too
was amazed at image quality!

I have a couple of "pumper" zooms...which I am loathe to use as dust is a PITA to remove from a sensor.
It has already been reported that dust ruining pictures has happened on the new Nikon mirrorless.
Mirrorless cameras like my friend has have some big advantages...depending on what you want to do.
I prefer a DSLR...I like looking through my nice glass too!

I also enjoy longer battery life with a battery that is not huge.

If I could go back the only thing I would change is I should have started with the 7200 and bought 2 of
them. And the D500 just rocks...I would still buy 2! I bought 1 DX lens and now I would have passed on that!

I don't want anything else at this point. I will say when my oldest girl had the lead in a local play the pictures
I took of her were incredible...I continue to be amazed at how good modern gear is. I used a Nikon D500
with a 70-200F2.8G VR2 zoom.

I say get whatever you like...and enjoy. I started with Nikon so that is where I went. My pal thinks Fuji is the bomb.
Both of them work very, very, well.

ELberto

Forum Donor
My Fuji mirrorless components have held up as well as all the MF, SLR and DSLR gear (Canon and Nikon) I used. Roughly 20 years with film and now about 8 with the Fuji mirrorless stuff. My circle of photography friends over the years has quite a few that jumped headlong into the mirrorless world and as far as I've heard not one of them has had sensor damage from the sun, dust or anything else for that matter. There are other reasons mirrorless may not take over but the sensor being prone to damage is a weak argument.

Top Bottom