• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mirrorless design

For mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras I

• Prefer SLR type designs

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Prefer range finder style designs

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Have no preference and like both

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters

mshenay

Sony has been my primary go-to brand since 2012 or thereabouts. Haven’t tried A7-3, but owned A7 for years, and upgraded to A7R4 the other year, and am still in awe. Very fond of the 35/2.8 lens for its small size and good performance, and the 40/2.5G has been on my wish list for some time. I try to stick with lenses which weigh less than 500 g, but that’s just me.
That's good to hear! I'm wanting the 35/1.4 lens myself actually

I'll have to post updates once I get a hold of it!

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have loved true rangefinders since stumbling across them when re-entering photography at the turn of the millennium (Konica Hexar RF, Bessa R2A). I did later lash out on the original Leica M8 digital which is still chugging along but the newest versions are stupid prices. Hence jumped on board the Fuji X100 and X-pro series but it is still not quite the same as a manual rangefinder. Just bought a second hand X-pro2, completely beaten up, I have no clue what the previous owner was doing with it, perhaps using it as a hammer, but going OK. The changes in the X-pro3 were not to my liking (change of viewfinder mag ruling out optical view of wider lenses)

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's good to hear! I'm wanting the 35/1.4 lens myself actually
SEL35F14GM? If anything like my SEL24F14GM, I expect it will be an outstanding lens. Really am amazed at the performance of today's flagship lenses. Have you checked out Roger Cicala's blogs on lensrentals.com? He does bench testing, teardowns, and sometimes finds real bargains.

mshenay

I have loved true rangefinders since stumbling across them when re-entering photography at the turn of the millennium (Konica Hexar RF, Bessa R2A). I did later lash out on the original Leica M8 digital which is still chugging along but the newest versions are stupid prices. Hence jumped on board the Fuji X100 and X-pro series but it is still not quite the same as a manual rangefinder. Just bought a second hand X-pro2, completely beaten up, I have no clue what the previous owner was doing with it, perhaps using it as a hammer, but going OK. The changes in the X-pro3 were not to my liking (change of viewfinder mag ruling out optical view of wider lenses)
Just got myself a Sigma Art 30/1.4, and I quite love it! Only issue is that I may need a larger table to shoot on and possibly I might have to switch back to 9' rolls of back-drop paper q.q

Top Bottom