• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mining Your Mood

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
We've got to be optimistic. What is with all this dystopian pessimism in the West?

Okay, so maybe they could monitor our mood with our play lists. Well on the one hand the gov't might use that. OTOH maybe the gov't needs to use that. If they knew our mood about some of the crap they do, then maybe they'd be more careful and not do it.

Now any article that starts off telling me listening to Bieber and Eminem indicate psychopathic tendencies has started off on the right foot with me. It seemed to go downhill from there however.

Last edited:

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think a bit of concern is healthy. Many governments may be relatively benign atm at least to those in the majority groups, but that isn’t necessarily going to be the case forever, and anyway once the data is collected there’s no theoretical limit to who in future can access them (malevolent future govs are just one potential risk IMO).

Not suggesting we should all panic, but I think in the long term we may find ourselves glad to have had this discussion at this point in history and hopefully to have put in place at least some protections that guard against some possible abuses.

I’m not talking about this particular example btw, but making a general comment.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I figure mine is random enough already...

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I find the simplistic link made between happy music and happy moods dumb, I'd be more easily convinced it was the other way around. I do know a lot of Goths though, so my control group may be faulty.

Top Bottom