• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mining bitcoin uses more energy than Denmark

• Thread starter Deleted member 65
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There is no such thing as intrinsic value. Communists like to think there is, like the labor theory of value, but there isn't. It's made up. Ends badly. Look to the past for confirmation
You are quite right mr Anderson.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So will bit coin double when the rate for mining halves later this year? Or will it surge bigger than double?

droid2000

Let's make a bet.

I'll put up $10K that bitcoin exceeds $100K by end of year.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I only get hostility being in bitcoin. So please forgive my blunt temperament. I can only suffer so many fools. Idiots that don't even know what money is.

But you asked a good question about intrinsic value. There us no such thing. I think that's a good starting point.
After working for 35 years in the financial market data industry specific supplying financial compagnies with data to calculate their VAR models like Market Makers i know a bit about intrensic value.
But besides that no offence taken.;)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Let's make a bet.

I'll put up $10K that bitcoin exceeds $100K by end of year.
I don't like gambling. So no thanks.

Here is a good examination of what bitcoin is and where it may go that closely mirrors my opinion of it. I do understand it, and don't care for it. If anything the author of this short article thinks more of it than I do. In short he thinks it is a currency or perhaps an unusual commodity. That is how it seems to me. An attempt to create something like the digital equivalent of gold. I think it falls short of commodity status. Whether it becomes an effective currency is down to whether people will/can trust it as such along with being able to use it as a medium of exchange. For now it seems more like trading in forex with fewer guide rails than national currencies have. I think Ethereum has a better chance of becoming a digital currency. All it takes for me to be wrong is more people using bitcoin than Ethereum.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The smugness of the legacy financial institutions.

If they are paying attention.

Game over.
You really are being insulting with no need toward Snarfie. You do come off as some other bitcoin aficionados I've come across. A true believer almost like a religious apostle. It is not a good look. It also isn't going to convince anyone to reconsider what bitcoin is.

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Your failure follows you.

Not sure what your deal was here, but let's hope your failure to communicate in good faith doesn't follow you.

I think the forum can do without this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom