• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

miniDSP room correction

jazzvinyl2020

I’d like to optimize my DIY speakers (ADW Duetta Top with Eton drivers) connected to my RME ADI2 FS Pro DAC and Hypex Ncore400 mono blocks.

I want to accomplish two things:
- integrate an active subwoofer
- improve room acoustics with Dirac Live

Which miniDSP product would be the one to pick? I’d like to keep my RME DAC which also has analog inputs.

Thanks, Michael

OP
J

jazzvinyl2020

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Minidsp flex digital? But that does not give you an analogue out subwoofer jack.

direwolf08

I am wondering about your reasons for keeping the RME? The Flex can accomplish what you need and has a great DAC on board.

OP
J

jazzvinyl2020

I am wondering about your reasons for keeping the RME? The Flex can accomplish what you need and has a great DAC on board.
I would lose money by selling 2nd hand plus I’d loose the headphone amplifier. But I think I could justify getting a Flex snd using the RME in my headphone rig…

Last edited:

MachOne

So I would take digital output from my RME DAC into the DDRC24?

Ideally I want the RME to hsndle D/A conversion and just have a DSP in between
Ah I get what you want to do now sorry. No the DDRC24 wouldn't work for that. In theory the Flex with digital I/O options could work if your RME config app allows you to set up the routing appropriately.

ReDFoX

Ah I get what you want to do now sorry. No the DDRC24 wouldn't work for that. In theory the Flex with digital I/O options could work if your RME config app allows you to set up the routing appropriately.
In fact, DDRC-24 has a digital output (recently checked on mine), but it's I2S and will require an additional optical converter
So I would take digital output from my RME DAC into the DDRC24?

Ideally I want the RME to hsndle D/A conversion and just have a DSP in between
How can it be possible with an additional sub out? The only option in this case is to set up a system using DDRC as a sub dac with some sort of conversion latency compensation

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I reckon the Flex digital too.
Minidsp flex digital? But that does not give you an analogue out subwoofer jack.
Just get another cheap DAC for the SW.

Top Bottom