• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

miniDSP HD: unbalanced input usage

wje

Forum Donor
The cure for a 90dB SINAD is far, far worse than the disease. Is 90dB SINAD really that bad? Have you ever noticed noise? I haven't.

I haven't noticed any noise my my MiniDSP 2x4 HD. For me, this has been a miracle device that filled a huge void in audio. In the past, I sold may integrated and power amplifier combinations just because I couldn't capably integrate a subwoofer. If the $205 MiniDSP 2x4 HD had been around, it would have saved me a lot of money 10-15 years ago. I use, and enjoy mine on a daily basis.

Lorenzo74

The miniDSP does have I2S headers, so it should be possible to do a DIY project that taps them and sends their output to spidf outputs, and from there to any four channel dac of your choice. The DAC on the 2 x 4 HD has a SINAD of around 90 db which would place it in the second from bottom quartile of Amir's ratings.

That project would be cheaper than buying something like an SHD Studio from miniDSP which retails for $900. And the 2 x4 HD will run FIR filters while SHD will not. Both units will also run Dirac Live 2.

someone did it. It’s not easy at all since pin where you need to pick up signals are very small. I remember it was like this. Google it, you’ll find How.
https://www.reddit.com/r/audiophile/comments/6jn711

Top Bottom