• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MiniDSP for

madmanmandzu

Morning! Was unsure which section to put this in so here we are.

I own a NAD C700 which doesn't have DIRAC like it's older brother the M10. This doesn't bother me since I am able to use DSP in Roon for all my digital listening (and holy crap does it make a difference). Problem occurs once I get my turntable going. My current 2.1 setup is

TT ---> Parks Audio Puffin ---> C700 ---> Passive Speakers/Powered Sub

I would add the MiniDSP 2x4 HD between the phono and C700 but my problem lies in how do i set up the sub? Looks like people use one of the outs on the MiniDSP to send a signal to their sub but then that would cause issues when i'm using the C700 for digital listening

Would there be any issues if i just sent the sub signal from the C700?

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Morning! Was unsure which section to put this in so here we are.

I own a NAD C700 which doesn't have DIRAC like it's older brother the M10. This doesn't bother me since I am able to use DSP in Roon for all my digital listening (and holy crap does it make a difference). Problem occurs once I get my turntable going. My current 2.1 setup is

TT ---> Parks Audio Puffin ---> C700 ---> Passive Speakers/Powered Sub

I would add the MiniDSP 2x4 HD between the phono and C700 but my problem lies in how do i set up the sub? Looks like people use one of the outs on the MiniDSP to send a signal to their sub but then that would cause issues when i'm using the C700 for digital listening

Would there be any issues if i just sent the sub signal from the C700?
I think sub signal from C700 would be fine. I am not sure Dirac would work properly with the sub thay way since it couldn't calibrate independently, but it should work alright, especially with vinyl, which normally doesn't go that low anyway.

Top Bottom