• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

miniDSP Flex

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there anyone selling the Flex for a reasonable price in Europe?

I hope a special place in hell is reserved for whoever is running audiophonics.fr

Reactions: CMB

KewreL

@abdo123 Yeah the price on audiophonics.fr is just insulting. I'm about to write them and ask why tf the balanced one is 899€ and not 599€ as it should be.

For comparison, the miniDSP 2x4 HD is $225 on miniDSP.com, and 249€ (incl. VAT) on audiophonics.fr, which is perfectly reasonable.

Reactions: CMB

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@abdo123 Yeah the price on audiophonics.fr is just insulting. I'm about to write them and ask why tf the balanced one is €899 and not €599 as it should be.

For comparison, the miniDSP 2x4 HD is $225 on miniDSP.com, and €249 on audiophonics.fr, which is perfectly reasonable.
I ordered the flex directly from the site, since it comes from Hong Kong I will muster through the tax. At least this way a 3rd party does not get a 50% cut for the absolute minimum.

anotherhobby

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have the balanced model on order direct from miniDSP. I did not get Dirac Live, but I can always add that later if I decide I want it. It's going to go on my office desk system to split between a Topping PA5 driving mains and a Crown driving a pair of subs in my office. Right now I'm running about 30 bands of EQ on my Mac across the whole signal to get a good in room response. While it's been working pretty well, I'm very excited to be able to DSP every single speaker individually. While not cheap, I think the Flex is pretty much the perfect piece to tie together my system.

miniDSP is currently saying "We expect factory shipments around middle of January 2022 and shipments to customers from there on." I can't wait for these to ship! It's mid January now, so I'm hoping these things start getting delivered soon, but with the pandemic raging again, who knows? For now I'm just trying to be patient.

deafenears

Forum Donor
Any word on the Digital version/model? Still waiting on that, I think it'll fit my needs perfectly *flex*.

miero

Just a short message to let you know that shipments of the miniDSP Flex have started since yesterday. On time as promised and excited to see these units in the field!
Thanks for your patience as there are indeed quite few orders and we're going chronologically through them. Your turn will get there eventually..
:-)
Source: https://www.minidsp.com/forum/announcements/19813-minidsp-flex-shipments#58805

anotherhobby

Forum Donor

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Please keep us informed of any feedback you get from miniDSP on this.
I just noticed that they added a recommended balanced to unbalanced connection:

OP
Sharpi31

Sharpi31

Forum Donor
Got a notification last night for my Flex order. Ordered 12/15, ETA 1/24 to Virginia, USA.
Mine was ordered 12/02 - no notification received yet - so much for chronological order :rolleyes:

Glasvegas

Forum Donor
I just noticed that they added a recommended balanced to unbalanced connection:

I notice there’s an option to purchase on the product page. Can’t recall if that was always there.

Any news on your delivery date?

anotherhobby

Forum Donor
I notice there’s an option to purchase on the product page. Can’t recall if that was always there.

That's how I purchased back on January 9th, so it's at least been there since then.

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Ordered balanced version on 12/5, shipped today , should arrive 1/25.

Glasvegas

Forum Donor
Ordered balanced version on 12/5, shipped today , should arrive 1/25.

I can sense the excitement building as members await delivery.

I don’t think any new product has been so highly anticipated since Spotify announced their new HiFi tier.

…. Oops, bad comparison.

Top Bottom