• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Rate this product:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 88 21.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 320 76.6%

• Total voters

juliangst

There is no customs fees to import device such as minidsp ones in Europe.
There is only VAT to pay and DHL processing fees (about 15€).
Then the audiophonics price seems about right. It’s still a lot of money but there really are not any alternatives.
I would get the digital version to save some money but on all websites that import the minidsp it is even more expensive than the balanced version

Shipping from MINIDSP is 40 USD and you also need to pay VAT on top of that.

So the difference really is just 30-40 eur but you get a full 2y warranty period and it would be way cheaper to handle a potential RMA with a European retailer.

archerious

Any advantages of the SHD over Flex? Debating on which, I do like the appearance of the SHD more. Returned my SA30 and going for AHB2 + something for Dirac Live as it's incredible how much better the SA30 sounded with Dirac Live compared to stock.
EDIT: It seems the SHD is using AKM, that might be a plus as my LG TV has issues with high jitter causing dropouts on optical with ESS DACs like Gustard X18. The only ESS DACs that played well with my TV was SA30 so far.

Top Bottom