• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Milind Kunchur Blind Cable Test

RobL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You new Thread was merged with this existing thread since it’s discussing the same study. Enjoy! ;)
I don’t think these threads were referencing the same study…
This thread was referring to this paper: http://boson.physics.sc.edu/~kunchur/papers/Audibility-of-cable-pathways--Kunchur.pdf
The merged thread was referring to this paper: http://boson.physics.sc.edu/~kunchur/papers/Interconnect-cable-measurements--Kunchur.pdf

The second paper seems to be an attempt by Kuncher to verifiy if the blind test results of the first paper were due simply to the different “pathways” (ie. balanced vs. unbalanced inputs) or due to measurable differences in the cables themselves.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I don’t think these threads were referencing the same study…
This thread was referring to this paper: http://boson.physics.sc.edu/~kunchur/papers/Audibility-of-cable-pathways--Kunchur.pdf
The merged thread was referring to this paper: http://boson.physics.sc.edu/~kunchur/papers/Interconnect-cable-measurements--Kunchur.pdf

The second paper seems to be an attempt by Kuncher to verifiy if the blind test results of the first paper were due simply to the different “pathways” (ie. balanced vs. unbalanced inputs) or due to measurable differences in the cables themselves.
I see your point. But once Threads are merged it becomes impossible to unmerge them. I read the second Paper as a revisit and reanalysis of the original Study. Or a further discussion and slight refocus on some of the causations of the original conclusions. You are welcome to open a new Thread with second study. Please be clear in your intro that you wish to discuss these different causation possibilities. Then place a link to this thread as a background read and reference. Thank you for the feedback and suggestion.

RobL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I see your point. But once Threads are merged it becomes impossible to unmerge them. I read the second Paper as a revisit and reanalysis of the original Study. Or a further discussion and slight refocus on some of the causations of the original conclusions. You are welcome to open a new Thread with second study. Please be clear in your intro that you wish to discuss these different causation possibilities. Then place a link to this thread as a background read and reference. Thank you for the feedback and suggestion.
Eh, the papers are by the same author and basically referencing the each other. I just thought it should be made clear to thread readers that there are actually 2 papers by the author. I’m not a “cable guy” so no dog in this fight, lol

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Eh, the papers are by the same author and basically referencing the each other. I just thought it should be made clear to thread readers that there are actually 2 papers by the author. I’m not a “cable guy” so no dog in this fight, lol
We’re not arguing. I agreed with your point. Fully aware that both papers are from same Author. I think most readers here will have no problem figuring this out. ;)

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
one version is the particular environment your grandparents lived in can have epigenetic effects upon you. So the environment effects you even if it isn't your environment.
Huh, I had not even heard that one. So as I was just seeing 70 years of PFAS chemicals contaminating us, then even more I feel toxins probably explain a lot of things like more autism (if that's true) and on and on.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Huh, I had not even heard that one. So as I was just seeing 70 years of PFAS chemicals contaminating us, then even more I feel toxins probably explain a lot of things like more autism (if that's true) and on and on.

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
However, see:

Top Bottom