• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Migration to new hardware complete

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks for everyone's patience this morning. The transfer to the new platform completed much more smoothly than I expected! The new hardware is much faster and was needed due to much growth in our membership and online users.

Another reason for the change was to implement a much nicer search engine. No longer are you limited to 4 characters or more for searching. And poor results even if you did that. The new search engine is fast and has no restrictions. So a search like "ifi dac" works:

1539792628456.png

Give this a try and generally use the forum and see if there are any issues and post them here.

mi-fu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The new search engine is MUCH better!

Thanks a lot, Amir! :D

Biblob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Awesome! Ha, now I know why I almost never could use the search engine. Great job.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The new hardware is much faster and was needed due to much growth in our membership and online users.

Thank you, Amir - and this bolded statement is great news too! Glad to be able to be a member here, and appreciate the updates in speed and search capabilities.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the upgrade. I was only kidding about MQA backing it. :)

The search is a big improvement. I never used it before as it was so limited.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks for doing this for us mate, I take it my special services aren’t needed on this occasion .
No, the dude worked out after I told him what would happen if he didn't! :D

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Asking Thomas for "special services" brings the horse avatar back to mind... :D

Thanks for the updates Amir!

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow! I can actually search for D10, D30 of D50 DACs and find the information while sitting here in my casita in the mountains of western Panama!

Muchas gracias, Sr. Amir

(After spending too much time this evening slogging through the redundancy riddled MQA thread, I feel like the frazzled-looking cat that is my avatar.)

Top Bottom