• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Microsoft | Windows 10 | Apps | Skype ... All Latest News

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/10/23/windows_10_problem_roundup/

Windows 10 is a beauty. This is the apotheosis.

Windows Spotlight from the Lock Screen is not working anymore.
The CPU is high with a running full speed fan.
The CP is hot like hell fire after a nuclear bomb just exploded.
I've seen nicer days.

It's ok though, because after 2018 I'm going to explore.
Not with Microsoft Explorer, no sir, with Apple IOS.
Life is short and there is enough aggravation in the world to not interfere with our quality retirement time. Let the kids take care of themselves and the adults take care of everyone else. These times are all our times. Comes next year changes for the better...Apple times.

So long Marianne...Microsoft, I just had enough. I want to die in peace, so go away, leave me alone, take good care of you first and don't bother about the rest. We'll do just fine without you. No but what's wrong with you! By trying to run your show you make people's lives more miserable.

Advice: Before imposing your updates test run them first. If they don't sail smoothly just don't take the easy route by downloading them anyway. That lacks total professionalism, it's disrespectful, it's despicable. Hire a team of connoisseurs, not a team who only care about getting a paycheck.

Here, now you have it, I'm thru with you Microsoft, in 2019.

Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Did I mention about privacy!
I won't go there, it's a totally unsecured mess! ...Hackers and stalkers and sharks paradise alley.

Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
https://www.zdnet.com/article/worst...no-good-very-bad-october/#ftag=CAD-00-10aag7e

I've already made my decision, because I'm one who is affected and I finally gavd up earlier this week. 2019 I'm going Apple, all the way.

The latest updates they simply make it worst than before.
If it didn't happen to you I'm very happy. Me I go get the rest of my happiness with Apple now. Time to switch the switchboard.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
https://www.zdnet.com/google-amp/ar...omes-first-antivirus-to-run-inside-a-sandbox/

Poor guy, brand new laptop with Windows 10:
https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/bing-is-pushing-malware-when-you-search-for-chrome/amp/

But:

"Microsoft is apparently not verifying the web address the advertisement actually goes to. Bing is letting this advertisement lie people.

Chrome actually blocks this site as “deceptive,” but Bing and Edge don’t."

"It’s worth noting that we could reproduce this on some systems, but not others. The advertisement may be targeted geographically. We could also only reproduce this in Microsoft Edge.

If you’d like to try it yourself, head to this search address in Microsoft Edge and refresh a few times.

This is crazy. Scammy advertisements pop up everywhere now and then, but they always have a nasty-looking URL that acts as a giveaway. Bing isn’t even checking the URL here.

Bing already has problems with horrifying search suggestions, so this is yet another problem on the pile. Microsoft really needs to clean Bing up."

Last edited:

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"Microsoft is apparently not verifying the web address the advertisement actually goes to. Bing is letting this advertisement lie people.

Chrome actually blocks this site as “deceptive,” but Bing and Edge don’t."

Google really isn't any better.

A couple weeks ago the top ad for "amazon" was going straight to one of those fake virus alert pages demanding that you call their fake tech support number.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
I have another thread about 'Hacking', in which every major companies have been hacked, including Google for privacy and security of their customer's human rights under the constitution.

You just give me a great idea to start a new thread just about Google Chrome browser and all its deficiencies and lack of coordination on privacy and security.

Chrome is the most used browser on the planet, but the most used also means more issues. It's the same with anything small or big that abuses its power.

Thx for the suggestion and watch in these columns the dissension from the unknown world of Google and Google Chrome. ...Coming soon, because everything matters.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Microsoft is not on the right path with their Fall 2018 October 10 Windows 10 Update.
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...ll-not-released-running-out-of-october/?amp=1

Also their Edge browser cannot identify the bad links for Google Chrome.
It makes you wonder who is running the show and which monkeys are testing the runnings.

Is making money more important than security and multitude of glitches.
Are their programmers and workers don't get paid enough, or not sleeping enough, or without backup replacements/replicants?
Why don't they go AI and build robots to do a better job?
Are they short of cash? They just made huge profits in the $billions recently.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
This is a good link Ray. I don't remember about that. What do you know.
Maybe they should try again, but this time with a solid cyber space robot, in 3D.
Gender? Personally I prefer feminine AI. Women have good brain, like Kathleen Zellner for example.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
It's hard to keep up with the world, with audio, with music, with new developments, technologies, with Windows 10 ... with the ever changing landscape ...

This one made the news recently and from personal experience I'm starting to like Apple ... much more than Microsoft ... it is what it is ... I don't write the program, I don't develop the software, I'm just an investor invested in what is offered and what clicks better and not.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...te-warning-kb4556799-free-windows-10-upgrade/

If anything experience you can share, this is it.
For the last few months, say the begining of this new decade, it has been s nightmare on top of a multitude of nightmares. Many updates are consistantly bringing more issues than solving past ones smoothly and efficiently. I lost my appetite with Windows 10. I find no joy, no redemption, no solution, but more and more frustration.
I'm telling like it is from personal user experience.
I would love to turn my PC on with anticipated fun and passion, but it's the other way around, with fear and insecurity.

I'm even losing hope for the new May major Upgrade ...
https://hothardware.com/news/windows-10-iron-fe-21h1-update-start-menu

Microsoft Windows 10 people need to get their act together and offer their clients a smooth and enjoyable operating system without major failures and frustrations and lost time. Now more than ever. That's my opinion based on last year and this year and beyond.

What sez you, you the people user clients of Windows 10?

Stay safe, keep your distance from viruses, any viruses.
Makes security, protection your main concern and everyone's else, mask it.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Reviewing a bit of this thread, after not seeing it for a long time, and having forgotten about it entirely...

I'm not having any frustrations with Win10.

Your mileage obviously varies.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Hey Ray, are you wearing a mask before replying here?

You had zero issues, ever with Windows 10.
Your PC is always working perfectly without any zip small inconveniences?
Get out of here! :D

This latest Update has been butter smooth for you and your computer?

Top Bottom