• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Microsoft has built worlds most quiet anechoic chamber

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When your UI focus group consists entirely of "yes men" you wind up with Windows 8 and 11.

Could be. Or just lazy, coupled with low expectations for the finished product. Maybe they actually think it is an excellent product, and are proud of their work. Or maybe they just do it on purpose to screw with users. Who knows?

Most folks just go along with it. I'm in that group. Linux is always an option, however I've got a ton of email in .pst backups. I want to be able to access them as I go along. So there's a convenience factor in continuing to use Win. I've seen some manual work-arounds that claim to allow Thunderbird in Linux to import pst files, etc.

If the next version of Widows is more screwed up than 11, and if I'm still alive, I'll likely just start from scratch with one of the Linux distros.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Am sure and appreciate your articles in Stereophile that also has though similar scientific inaccuracies which is ok though as it is also not a scientific publication.
Are you saying that my articles in Stereophile have similar scientific inaccuracies or that Stereophile, in general, has them? If the former, please let me know.

OP
thewas

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Are you saying that my articles in Stereophile have similar scientific inaccuracies or that Stereophile, in general, has them? If the former, please let me know.
Stereophile in general, as a quick example in the product specifications page of every review under dimension "Weight" is listed which is scientifically not correct, also for the unit (kg), "Mass" would be the correct term.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Stereophile in general, as a quick example in the product specifications page of every review under dimension "Weight" is listed which is scientifically not correct, also for the unit (kg), "Mass" would be the correct term.
Right. Guilty as charged.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This could get important when the equioment is used in a null-G environment.

OP
thewas

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This could get important when the equioment is used in a null-G environment.
Or when buyers from Mexico City complain about getting lighter equipment.
Think of the savings in not needing any speaker spike/isolation equipment. :rolleyes:
Also the very important cable spacers. :p

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
I expect you will hear thing you have never heard. Your heartbeat will be pretty irritating.
What is interesting is that some people hear their heartbeat in normal environments.
I think most of use just filter it out similar to not being able to smell your own bad breath.
Anyway, I have tried to hear it in meditation but have not. My GF can hear hers underwater.
I can hear it if I cover my ears with my hands, though not sure if I am now hearing it via my hands/pulse.

Anyway, very cool.
Trust me it is, but as said it is absolutely ok as its a hobby magazine and not a scientific journal.
Agreed!
Also the very important cable spacers. :p
The Quantum Healy Machine.

Top Bottom