• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Micromega MyDAC DAC Review

Taqueria

I've owned the Mydac for several years. I picked it up used when I bought a Chromecast Audio and am using the toslink out on the puck. Figured the DAC duties would be much better handled by a dedicated DAC. It was the best value for streaming back then.

I can't tell you anything about the Mydac measurements but I can say it's a notable improvement over the DAC inside the chromecast audio. I know because I have a 2nd cc audio in my bedroom system.

To my ears, the law of diminishing returns is obvious with DACs. My take is that you should buy for features. Headphone jack, connections, remote, etc.

Unless it's broken or poorly manufactured, it'll sound good. Get better speakers for better/different sound. Or, you know, eq to taste.

Attachments

• 15999308192661471328867465307318.jpg
    15999308192661471328867465307318.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 121

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Had some o-toro flown in from Fukuoka market yesterday, it was only a small sample but I didn't have to pay.

With the local Japanese population due to Honda and many suppliers, support companies, there's some legit Japanese restaurants here.
Had some of the good stuff about a month ago.

1635192573561.png

Top Bottom