• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MICHI X5 Integrated Amplifier review and measurements published -- thoughts?

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Home Theater and HiFi today published a review of this fairly new integrated amplifier from MICHI, which is the upper line of Rotel. The review is mostly subjective, but does include a lot of technical measurements. As I'm not technically or scientifically savvy on this, I thought some here might be able to discern whether this integrated amp would offer any real world advantage over something like the Anthem STR Integrated amp, which I have been considering. The MICHI is rated to deliver almost twice the output watts as the Anthem STR and weighs more than twice as much, not to say that that necessarily will lead to superior performance or subjective enjoyment.

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews...lifiers/michi-x5-integrated-amplifier-review/

1612813934867.png

1612813252352.png

1612813892140.png

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I like that it has both MM and MC phono input...

Looks interesting.

OP
MarcT

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I like that it has both MM and MC phono input...

Looks interesting.
Yes, me too. I've only ever used MM or high output MC cartridges that work into MM inputs. I'd like to try out a nice lower output MC cartridge some day. The Anthem STR Integrated also has MM and MC phono inputs.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Those measurements are not very good to be honest. Plus the price I don't think it is very interesting.
But the design and build look very nice.

Top Bottom