• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mhdt Labs Pagoda Review (R2R Tube DAC)

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 265 91.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 20 6.9%

• Total voters

garbulky

Major Contributor
@amirm tell me you are gonna do a listening test? We finally have harmonics that could be audible! What do you think of it?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Please, whomever voted "great" golfing panther please admit it publicly. We need to know your identity.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have to agree-if ever a DAC begged a listening test this is it. Make sure you use some "protective" interconnects between it and your ML amps so they don't get "infected" by their proximity.

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
I think the Philips dac 960 would beat this

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm, I think it is unanimous. You have to do a listening test, no matter how painful that may be!
I am not feeling well you all.... So please take it easy as far asking for other stuff for me to do....

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you use audiophile logic they finally made a digital product better than vinyl :rolleyes:

MHDT Labs ? Who’s laboratory dr Frankenstein ? It’s a warning sign when a munufacturer use “labs” .

IMO this is not intentionally bad this is what you get when audiophile folklore have been passed trough several generations of designers with no reality checks

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am not feeling well you all.... So please take it easy as far asking for other stuff for me to do....
Hope you're not getting the flu. Take care of yourself. Sleep. You deserve it.

NoteMakoti

Reading the charts like:

pkepa318rmoz.jpg

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I hope you know that while we'd seriously like to know your impressions, the request is meant light heartedly--or at least, mine is. Hope you can get some rest and feel better soon. This thread and the PA5 should keep us entertained for awhile. ;)

Top Bottom