• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mhdt Labs Pagoda Review (R2R Tube DAC)

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 265 91.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 20 6.9%

• Total voters

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have the Havana MHDT and Eversolo Z8. I like the both !

(¯`*•.¸(¯`*•.¸ A stone in the pond ... Splash !!! ¸.•*´¯)¸.•*´¯) ------ Read here : On the top of 377
It doesn't matter how many times you throw your stone in the pond, the answer is going to be the same.

We can measure everything that can be heard.

Not everything that can be measured can be heard.

If you are hearing stuff that cannot be measured it is not in the audio signal, it is not in your ears, it is in the wetware between them.

Hope that helps.:p

(splash)

Last edited:
This is very interesting thread for me to discover. I have been listening to a MHDT Lab Havana for a few years now, almost daily. But I also recently starting using the SMSL SU-1 instead. I think they sound different. The Havana definitely has a wide holographic tube sound, but it's also a bit fuzzy sounding compared to the SU-1 which just sounds lean and clean. I prefer using a copper cable with the SU-1 to warm things up a little but solid silver is good with the Havana. The Havana is very limited in it's resolution and is starting to sound worse to more I compare it the SU-1. But I still like it because it has a tube which does alter the sound a bit and can be helpful for taming a bright system, kind of like using a tube pre-amp. So right now I'm using it with my class D amp which sounds kind of bright.

Top Bottom