• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Metal Fans??

kevin1969

Any fans of Maiden, Priest, Dio, etc in here. I guess I'lll accept some hair metal as long as it sounds good.

I'd be curious as to what your favorite high-res releases are from different metal bands.

Iron Maiden finally got the remastering process correct in the latest 2015 batch. Dio has always sounded amazing. One of my favorite albums to test new equipment is Ratts first album Out of the Celler. Oh my God I didn't realize how cool the drums actually sounded until I recently upgraded to a new Gustard X-16 DAC and Denon 4700!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ima a metal head, classic jazz, organ music, hard rock luvin listener... I'm pretty eclectic in my music taste. If the music has a melody, a beat and is not acoustic guitar or a female vocalist with no instruments then I'm usually in.

BinkieHuckerback

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yes, I'm old enough to have to have enjoyed 'NWOBHM' as it happened. There are some great YouTube channels and review sites for new metal discoveries (the older I get the heavier and darker I like it), but Maiden, Priest and Dio...classics

NYfan2

Forum Donor
Sure, I appreciate some Maiden, although I prefer harder stuff (sick of it all, Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies etc.)
I enjoy Metal for the music and in general not for the quality because most recordings are pretty bad, even in high-res.

Luckily I enjoy a broad range of music genres so there is enough high quality music to justify my search for the ultimate sound system ;).

OP
K

kevin1969

Yes, I'm old enough to have to have enjoyed 'NWOBHM' as it happened. There are some great YouTube channels and review sites for new metal discoveries (the older I get the heavier and darker I like it), but Maiden, Priest and Dio...classics

Dimmu Borgir?

If you haven't heard of them let's just say that if hell had a symphony orchestra it would be Dimmu Borgir.

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
jf7pGrG.png

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a metal band

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Iron Maiden is my favorite band. I also love other British heavy metal and Norwegian black metal. Like @Doodski I am pretty eclectic. I don't like everything, but I like a big variety.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
My older son is very into metal. I never was, but he has opened my ears to what a range of music is called metal these days. Still don't own any, been meaning to get his advice.

For now, this is my metal fan:
1614182686891.png

thrash

Even though i was born and raised to be a "Powerslave" and everyone was telling me that i was "Born to lose", i have managed to overcome those "Sad Wings of Destiny" covering me, and shouted a loud "Non Serviam".

I love to seek for new sounds because the "chase is better than the catch".

Oh ! In addition, my mom told me that i must not "talk to strangers".

Metal fan since 1981 - From Good ol' Sabbath to extreme grind-noise like Agatholes and everything in between.

Top Bottom