• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Meta-Database: List of Audio Databases & Resources

Vincent Kars

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
Silly me.
I used to click on the model and this linked to the review (Tableau)
Now the link to the review is in the Date
Overlooked this completely.

NOROB

Forum Donor
A database of databases, for common consumption. No doubt this represents only a piece of what's out there. Thanks to everyone who's posted or otherwise referred to these resources.

The difference between a measurement database and a publication that consistently bases its reviews on measurements is pretty thin. I've listed both and tried to rank them by usefulness in terms of what we've come to expect here (access to raw measurement data, descriptions of setup and equipment, clear interpretations).

Hi, I am brand new here, but is the google sheet database of reviews/measurements still active? When I click on the link it says that the file does not exist. I tried searching the site to see if there was a new link, but the one in this post was the only one I could find. Or is that by design, and the spreadsheet superseded by the Microsoft BI dashboards?

By the way, thanks to Amir and to all of you for putting this together! It is an incredible resource, and even though I don't understand much of it, it has been a great help already. I've been reading Floyd Toole's book and starting on some of the other references here to get up to speed.

Thanks again for all you do!

Robert in New Orleans (aka NORob)

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Hi, I am brand new here, but is the google sheet database of reviews/measurements still active? When I click on the link it says that the file does not exist. I tried searching the site to see if there was a new link, but the one in this post was the only one I could find. Or is that by design, and the spreadsheet superseded by the Microsoft BI dashboards?
It's supposed to be.

I think I accidentally deleted it:facepalm:

I hope I have a backup somewhere.

Btw, the link was to a list of all the sites I've found with audio related measurements, plus other audio related databases, objective youtubers. Etc. The reviews and measurements posted on ASR are found in the current set of PowerBI sheets.

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
It's supposed to be.

I think I accidentally deleted it:facepalm:

I hope I have a backup somewhere.

Btw, the link was to a list of all the sites I've found with audio related measurements, plus other audio related databases, objective youtubers. Etc. The reviews and measurements posted on ASR are found in the current set of PowerBI sheets.
Recovered it, thankfully.

Top Bottom