• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

audio2design

Major Contributor
I have not "waxed my chain" and don't expect I will. Maybe I will try one of the wax lubes one day. I have been using CorrosionX for several years and it is probably the best stuff I have used not to mention little concern now about rain/rust.

redshift

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have not "waxed my chain" and don't expect I will. Maybe I will try one of the wax lubes one day. I have been using CorrosionX for several years and it is probably the best stuff I have used not to mention little concern now about rain/rust.

Try “Squirt lube” if it’s you thing. It is paraffin based.

1626195415526.jpeg

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

redshift

Too much rolling resistance. They bonked.

I think we need an objectivist definition of what bonking means.

What if the glycogen levels measure good but the rider feels exhausted nonetheless?

Is it possible to objectively quantify being a lazy slob and lying through the teeth about the touchy feels?

Many questions few answers.

Robin L

Master Contributor

What if the glycogen levels measure good but the rider feels exhausted nonetheless?

Is it possible to objectively quantify being a lazy slob and lying through the teeth about the touchy feels?

Rossini proved otherwise.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
what are the best speakers to mount on your handle bars?

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Robin L

Master Contributor

Robin L

Master Contributor

R.jpg

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Freeway

IMG_6629-dsqz.JPG

But you won't see photos of me catching air with it. Yes, that is a Campy Racing Triple--and all 8-speed Campy stuff. I like 8-speed stuff and will preserve it for as long as I can. To me, that was the sweet spot in development, though I could be persuaded that 9-speed is just as good. After that, what's the point? Ride bike.

Rick "who does not 'catch air'" Denney
IMG-0174.jpg

I call her my Thoroughbred (circa mid 80s). Going to be fitted with new derailleurs with shift brake levers on handlebars for son's ride around Lake Tahoe in August. My sons have got the biking bug. Tickle me pink.

Yeah, I’d like to own a classic moly framed racer for the retro and classy feel of bike.

My other son now shopping for chrome moly frame.

Last edited:

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 141390

I call her my Thoroughbred (circa mid 80s). Going to be fitted with new derailleurs with shift brake levers on handlebars for son's ride around Lake Tahoe in August. My sons have got the biking bug. Tickle me pink.

My other son now shopping for chrome moly frame.
Your's is the "road-race" frame--mine is the "touring" frame. Both were made for 27" wheels (thus allowing 700C with all-surface tires), but will also accept 140mm rear axles (allowing 8-speed). Nice color on yours. I built a similar one for my wife--darker blue--but with more conventional components. Mine is a hodge-podge of weird stuff--Campy Racing Triple, MLB (French) brakes, old Athena derailleur, Mirage shifters, whatever I could make work out of the extensive junk box. Wife's is Claris, the last currently-made 8-speed brake-shifter, pulling Dia-Compe centerpull brakes; original Sugino BB, etc, but VERY NICE wheels for a bike like this. These are fun frames to play with, and CHEAP.

IMG_6631-dsqz.JPG

You can tell I'm used to a little more roadie position on the bike than she is, and then there's her insistence on street-shoe pedals.

Rick "who paid $75 for both frames" Denney

redshift

Your's is the "road-race" frame--mine is the "touring" frame. Both were made for 27" wheels (thus allowing 700C with all-surface tires), but will also accept 140mm rear axles (allowing 8-speed). Nice color on yours. I built a similar one for my wife--darker blue--but with more conventional components. Mine is a hodge-podge of weird stuff--Campy Racing Triple, MLB (French) brakes, old Athena derailleur, Mirage shifters, whatever I could make work out of the extensive junk box. Wife's is Claris, the last currently-made 8-speed brake-shifter, pulling Dia-Compe centerpull brakes; original Sugino BB, etc, but VERY NICE wheels for a bike like this. These are fun frames to play with, and CHEAP.

IMG_6631-dsqz.JPG

You can tell I'm used to a little more roadie position on the bike than she is, and then there's her insistence on street-shoe pedals.

Rick "who paid $75 for both frames" Denney

The pressare is on.

Here’s the latest gravel bike shiz, photographed a stone throw’s distance from the Arctic circle (200kms) late autumn last year.

A46ABB11-77A3-4311-A223-DE8DD47C6D28.jpeg

Top Bottom