• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mesanovic RTM10 @ Purité Audio

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Ideally hear both in your place, they are both super speakers the 8C has the edge imho especially in terms of adjustability.
Keith

PKAWA

Figured as much with active room correction and ultimately still more cone area. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Imho the 8Cs are more or less all you would ever need, unless you need extremely high ( 100plus ) dBs.
Keith

PKAWA

I've heard them and the kii's with and without bxt modules. The Dynaudio xd60, and some others.
I had the Elac ARF-51 and have ordered the buchardt A700 bundle which should arrive next month.
But if I can ever get a second hand set 8c's in natural oak with black bezels I will.
Main thing that keeps me from buying them is the very high price.
That's why I'm looking at alternatives like the buchardt and the rtm10's.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Mesanovic RTM10@ Purité Audio London,
Highly accurate 3-way active studio monitor with a true ribbon tweeter, Class-D amplification and DSP. It delivers extended frequency response, huge dynamic range and extremely low distortion.
https://www.puriteaudio.co.uk/mesanovic

£7450.00 per pair inc vat
Keith

Actually I think I am more like the old Arsene!
They are punchy, I do like them, both my pairs of 8Cs are out and ‘locked down’ but I will compare the directly.
You would need external eq, they aren’t cardioid I will write a full comparison asap.
BW Keith
Hi Keith, where can I read your full comparison? I'm narrowing down my speaker decisions to only 8C and RTM10. I just wanna know that besides the lower-end cardioid feature, is RTM10 on the same level as 8C, or even better (considering the fantastic ribbon tweeter)? Are they equally good in the slightly treated living room with EQ? Thank you!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It’s a comparison that you should really make for yourself, they are both really fine loudspeakers if price isn’t a concern I would have the 8Cs simply because they integrate into a normal/untreated room, and the Roon ready feature is really neat, if you use Roon.
Keith

Top Bottom