• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Meridian M10

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
For sale a superb pair of Meridians 1980’s flagship the M10, this pair were bought new from Jim ‘poco a poco’ on the PFM forum from Subjective Audio where I also bought my audio equipment way back when.
factory fit an AES connection.
Looking for around £1500 ideally collected from North London.

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The ’other’ one, both are in superb condition,

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They have an XLR connection not AES sorry!
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Jim the original owner for 38 years posted some extra information regarding the M10s,
If anyone fancies an excellent pair of Meridian M10’s Keith at Purite has my old pair that I owned from new and had for 38 years are for sale in the Trade Sales thread https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/meridian-m10.260950/#post-4512051
These are still in excellent condition. They had better tweeter plates fitted than standard for the Kef T33’s and I also had xlr sockets and a better supporting plate for these as well. All were fitted prior to production after discussions with my deal Howard Popeck then running Subjective Audio and Colin Howard then with Meridian. They were very reliable all the time I had them with the exception that Meridian replaced one tweeter once and fully checked them over.

I found nothing better that I could afford or would fit and work in my room all the time I had them, but finally traded them in with Keith for a pair of Dutch & Dutch 8c’s about 2 years ago. Keith was keeping them for his self originally as a Meridian fan, but now is selling them. The D&D’s are better but at a much higher price and mainly because of the DSP room correction they have. I would have kept them, but I don’t have room for two pairs of speakers and SWIMBO said one pair had to go. It is though still a case of diminishing returns compared to the D&D’s So in my (possibly biased) opinion this pair is a bargain at the price Keith is asking.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Without covers, they really are exceptionally clean, one owner for anything over 38 years is exceptionally rare.

Keith

kiwifi

Those were my dream speakers at the beginning of my hifi journey. I still think that they look absolutely gorgeous!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Photograph of the only real blemish to either speaker a mark on one of the rear passive radiators,

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Meridian M10 bump, seven active drivers and one passive radiators per speaker, state of the art back in 81 and not too far from it even now.
Keith

steve59

Major Contributor
A KII 3 40 years early

kthbrdy

Hi Keith,

This is Keith based in Ireland, I bought a second hand Three Kii System from you in March. Can you please respond to my emails. I have tried calling you and emailing you. I see you are active here so maybe you will see this message. Please get in touch, I would like to get the speaker system working.

Regards,
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I can include a very smart black Meridian 101B preamp if that helps.
Keith

kthbrdy

Not sure a black Meridian 101B preamp will help my situation but if you could reply to my email, it would be a good start :)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Now on Ebay with no reserve!
@ Keith you know what you have to do contact the U.K. Kii distributor, as a retailer I have no contact with the manufacturer and was not a party to any arrangemeant you may have made.
Keith

kthbrdy

Hi Keith,

I'm not aware of any arrangement that you speak of but I spoke to Andy Baker, the UK Kii Distributor. He said that because you are the seller and that you sold me a system (which included a one year warranty provided by Purite Audio) that did not work together, it is your responsibility to resolve as the seller. I spoke to Wim at Kii and he told me that it would be you that would have to organise this repair as the seller. The system has not been fit for purpose as the Kii Control does not work with the Kii speakers you sold. Under UK consumer law, it is your responsibility as the seller of the Kii Three System to ensure it isf it for purpose which it is not been since I received it.

You are breaking UK Consumer Rights Act (2015) having sold me a a system not fit for purpose and ignoring my emails and calls to have the system refunded, repaired or replaced.

Do you understand this?

Top Bottom