• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Member profile pics

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mine is just a close up of the living room speakers. If I had taken a pic of myself at the piano, I guess I would have conveyed a positive "music lover" image. Now, I am just an audiophool with more speakers than sense. In my defence, there's a bunch of cables there too and I swear they are all of the cheap, standard kind.

1579310230081.png

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Is that a modern take on Venus De Milo loitering in your fireplace?

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is that a modern take on Venus De Milo loitering in your fireplace?

I guess you could say so. It was a gift from the artist and her gallerist, I just thanked them profusely and didn't ask. My favorite pieces are somewhat more sinister. Maybe an idea when I swap my avatar... ;)

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mine is my CA Andromeda IEM with my favorite anime CD soundtrack: Yuru Camp!

42710152270_adfd1e1259_k_d.jpg

Last edited:

Ivanovich

Forum Donor
FD749314-9A61-4F91-BEC5-E94FCB5F7049.jpeg

I just added this now that I have started posting, after being a reader/lurker for a year or so. It’s an iPhone pic of a 39 year old black and white photo, and it looks it!

So, that’s me back in 1981! My all-Rush cover band was allowed to play a concert in my high school’s playhouse theater during the study hall periods (because I was a good student and they trusted me, dumbasses! LOL). I guess they had no idea how loud a live rock band with drums and guitar and bass amps is!

That’s my old health class teacher, Mrs. Leppo, pleading with us to turn it down, because the whole school could hear it. We tried but there’s no way a 16 y.o. drummer is playing Neil Peart (RIP) drum parts and adjusting how loud he plays (he was not a loud drummer anyway). In the end, as we started our 3rd song they cut the power. :(
But from that day on, we were HS legends! \m/ ;)

Last edited:

direstraitsfan98

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Mine is just a close up of the living room speakers. If I had taken a pic of myself at the piano, I guess I would have conveyed a positive "music lover" image. Now, I am just an audiophool with more speakers than sense. In my defence, there's a bunch of cables there too and I swear they are all of the cheap, standard kind.

View attachment 46295
Your listening room is very pretty.

digicidal

Major Contributor
Just updated mine, but still a Ghost in the Shell image. This time from that horrible movie we won't discuss... but it did make for some nice images. ;) Robot Geisha (prior to being shot in the face).
gitsgeisha_full.jpg

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is anybody good with Photoshop? I'd like to get a pic modified to use as an avatar.

Take a still of Selma Hayak dancing with that snake in From Dusk Till Dawn and replace the snake with a big fat audiophile cable....

digicidal

Major Contributor
The Dude:
View attachment 47416

Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski. I use it because I look like him and I enjoyed the movie.

Martin
Please tell me you don't sound like him though... at least when you're not carrying a dozen marbles in your mouth. :p

TungstenC

Taped broken glass, covering a fire alarm.

20190823_131251.jpg

Still don't know who fractured or taped it up to this day.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A picture out the window of my hunting blind in my woods. I try to keep the pictures of the woods current with the seasons, and so everything you can see, other than the sky, is mine. Can't see too far from this view though. It is a property about 25 minutes from my home.
20201121_114023.jpg

Top Bottom