• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Member profile pics

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I made my avatar as a GIFF. I used to make GIFFs for people on IRC. It used to wink one eye till I had a data loss and my GIMP GIFF stuff was lost. The only thing remaining is this tiny image of this green T-Rex.

TimF

Forum Donor
My favorite is the bride in the Shinto wedding. It reminds me of a lovely and touching scene of a wedding in the Japanese movie Red Beard.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I just really like the Kowalski character.
Removed the backround and made it purple (red + blue) as in the red pil and blue pill combined, because everyone still wants to keep on dreaming a little and wants to know the truth. Basically the same reason why my website is grey with black and white accents because we all are different shades of grey.
Later on I edited the original 'headphone out and an actual picture of a prototype and alas never released headphone on it.

vitalii427

Forum Donor
Just a stylish llama smoking a cigar

04883E52-17A0-4243-A83A-0E03F2B93F12.jpeg

Last edited:

cjfrbw

Mine is self explanatory but no hi rez. I don't have many selfies of myself, but maybe the police will let me borrow one of the ones with the numbers underneath.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
wp-Relaxed_32133_20180918100218025.jpg

■□ https://mymodernmet.com/benoit-courti-deep-black/

benoit-7.jpg

https://benoitcourti.format.com/

Benoît Courti (French) was a music composer before photographer.
The music like photography like films is an art expression form.
The two B&W photographs above have a 3D atmosphere, with focused foreground and blurred background, as if in real life our eyes target our visual subject of interest, as our ears target the music passages of interest, and without being distracted by other clues of reflection, distortion, secondary axis.

Everything we like in life is a complex astrophysical totality of a simplicity.

That's why I chose that photograph in my profile member picture, no more no less.
Three dices (trinity) suspended in the air without falling on the surface of scientific evidence. If interpreted as a truth we are only @ the beginning of discovery.

The total of the numbers we see is 28. ... 2+8=10 ... 1s & 0s

vitalii427

Forum Donor
wp-Relaxed_32133_20180918100218025.jpg

■□ https://mymodernmet.com/benoit-courti-deep-black/

benoit-7.jpg

https://benoitcourti.format.com/

Benoît Courti (French) was a music composer before photographer.
The music like photography like films is an art expression form.
The two B&W photographs above have a 3D atmosphere, with focused foreground and blurred background, as if in real life our eyes target our visual subject of interest, as our ears target the music passages of interest, and without being distracted by other clues of reflection, distortion, secondary axis.

Everything we like in life is a complex astrophysical totality of a simplicity.

That's why I chose that photograph in my profile member picture, no more no less.
Three dices (trinity) suspended in the air without falling on the surface of scientific evidence. If interpreted as a truth we are only @ the beginning of discovery.

The total of the numbers we see is 28. ... 2+8=10 ... 1s & 0s
Wow, you're good at interpreting

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This cross-eyed cat with the (fairly common) protruding canine teeth reminds me of my cat "Pickle", a Siamese mix who used to run to me when I returned home back in the late 1960's. One day as I parked my old Volvo in the driveway, I saw her run across the street towards me and get hit - but not run over - by a car. She got up, ran the last 20 yards to me, and dropped dead at my feet.

The reason I selected the photo as an avatar is that the cat's expression reflects my reaction to subjectivist audiophile B.S.

Edit: Cross-eyed cat will return when Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

CrossEyed Cat.jpeg

Last edited:

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Zardoz! I love it. The worst movie ever made with Sean in it.

You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good! The ***** is evil! The ***** shoots Seeds, and makes new Life to poison the Earth with a plague of men, as once it was. But the Gun shoots Death and purifies the Earth of the filth of Brutals. Go forth, and kill! Zardoz has spoken.

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Zardoz! I love it. The worst movie ever made with Sean in it.

View attachment 46250
You got that right. I forget who corralled me into seeing it. But the big deal was it having Sean Connery, and being a cult classic by John Boorman. Its one of those unfortunate experiences where you can't unsee it.

graz_lag

Major Contributor
So briefly here's my Avatar story ...

1st part of it ...
After purchasing - back in 2012, the Audio Engineering Explained book by Mr. Douglas Self, I explored his website: http://www.douglas-self.com/index.htm
I stepped up on the Museum of Retro Technology section: http://www.douglas-self.com/MUSEUM/museum.htm
It was a short path from there to the Acoustic Location and Sound Mirrors section: http://www.douglas-self.com/MUSEUM/COMMS/ear/ear.htm#unkn

2nd part ...
My maternal grandfather, he was an Italian sergeant partisan up in the mountains in Italy during the WW II. On Feb-22nd, 1943, a Luftwaffe Junkers Ju88 dropped bombs in the area where him and his 9-men little brigade were hiding. Six of them died, my maternal grandfather among them.

Conclusions
I immediately picked up the Personal Parabola the Dutch 'Air Watch Service' developed in the thirties among the others Mr D Self shows in his Acoustic Location and Sound Mirrors web page.
Sarcastically, it represents to me the perfect contrast between the hilarious jobs of detecting incoming aircraft's before they start dropping bombs and our claim - as 'audiophiles', to be super-hearers.

Davelemi

Forum Donor
This is an excellent example of "If you're vain enough to use a selfie it should be free of pretention and very, very cool." Good job.

BTW, the kid in my avatar is not me. His name is Iain Armitage. Most of my forum avatars are some form of Sheldon Cooper. I'm not admitting anything about what it says about me other than some of my friends say I remind them of him.

The full size pic isn't flattering...it's a losing battle with the skin...but I'm on the doorstep of 50...
thanks BTW!

Top Bottom