• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

snip3r77

That's really good results, but $45 is a lot of money as well. Not sure if worth if, if Apple can still provide excellent DAC and sufficient amp in terms of output power as well for $7. These dongles are easy to lose, and $45 is very hard to swallow in such a scenario.

But the Apple has compatibility issues on Android phones, of course...

Still excellent of Meizu to release such an excellent product. It's surely a winner if you use it at home on your laptop or desktop PC permanently--performs excellently compared to dedicated DAC/Amps well above its price range and technically takes up no extra space.

I have no problem using Apple's with my Pixel

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
does the iphone dongle draws the same?
I don't remember. Here are a few others though:
1576896055868.png

Above are in amps.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
It used to be small size was a severe limitation, but not anymore.

staticV3

Master Contributor
@amirm Please try using UAPP. Preferably with Bit-Perfect enabled but doesn't matter either way.
(with it enabled you can change volume by clicking the three vertical bars top right and then Hardware Vol.)

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
I measured 295mW (58.6mA) when playing Spotify or UAPP, 315mW (62.3mA) when playing DSD over PCM, and only 12mW (2.4mA) @idle.

Top Bottom