• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

Jet Black

-it is definitely okay, no real issues apparent to me
-yes, it's a bug, not sure if audible, but if you do the flashing it will be gone :)

Well i trust the quote, if ain't broke don't fix it, so far i don't see any issue and im kinda skeptic of flashing as that might introduce even another bug. Maybe I'll just pass for now.

max8

The Meizu Pro is basically no where to be found. Have they stopped manufacturing these devices?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The Meizu Pro is basically no where to be found. Have they stopped manufacturing these devices?

It appears so. For months too. Someone a couple of pages back found some stock at quite a high price.

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
New production is kaput. I just found mine behind a bookshelf (with my er4srs...). I lost it at the beginning of the pandemic so a welcome surprise.

around the beginning of the pandemic I tried to replace it via an aliexpress seller that was still listing it and they actually put a fair amount of effort into trying to stir up production but no luck.

btw, l7 has a sample measuring at 106 sinad

staticV3

Master Contributor
New production is kaput. I just found mine behind a bookshelf (with my er4srs...). I lost it at the beginning of the pandemic so a welcome surprise.

around the beginning of the pandemic I tried to replace it via an aliexpress seller that was still listing it and they actually put a fair amount of effort into trying to stir up production but no luck.

btw, l7 has a sample measuring at 106 sinad
Here are all measurements that I could find:

ASR: 101dB SINAD @1.75Vrms (300Ω)

0dB: 111dB SINAD @2Vrms (Line)
111dB SINAD @1.75Vrms (300Ω)

Zhihu: 116dB SINAD @1.75Vrms (300Ω)

L7: 113dB SINAD @2Vrms (Line)

Sources:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...hifi-pro-usb-c-phone-dongle-dac-review.10423/
https://www.0db.co.kr/index.php?mid=REVIEW_0DB&category=183&document_srl=1005449
https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/94991395
https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/meizu-pro-解码耳放/

mkawa

interesting. asr's sample may actually be the best since it's only noise floor limited

this cirrus chip is impressive. says good things about the upcoming d30pro!

vkvedam

Forum Donor
interesting. asr's sample may actually be the best since it's only noise floor limited

this cirrus chip is impressive. says good things about the upcoming d30pro!
What's a D30Pro?

miguelx74

Hi guys,
Can I use the meizu pro with a Topping L30? Is it a good idea?

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi guys,
Can I use the meizu pro with a Topping L30? Is it a goog idea?

Yes. Others here have success using dongles to drive headamps. If you already have the Meizu and getting the L30, absolutely go for it. Just need a 3.5mm to RCA cable

miguelx74

Thanks for the reply. Obviously volume controlled by windows .. no exclusive control. is it right?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the reply. Obviously volume controlled by windows .. no exclusive control. is it right?

Im not sure to be honest. Generic windows drivers might allow you to use exclusive (WASAPI) with an app that can request (Tidal for eg).

mslim

How to calculate the current output for this ? (Luckily I bought this before it went out of production).

Was wondering if it could drive the Dan Clark Aeon RT.... Thanks

staticV3

Master Contributor
How to calculate the current output for this ? (Luckily I bought this before it went out of production).

Was wondering if it could drive the Dan Clark Aeon RT.... Thanks
To have any chance of getting satisfying volume out of the Meizu Pro, you would probably have to trick it into high power mode. That way the Vrms under 32Ω load will increase from 1 to 2.
I don't know what the dongle's current limit is, but the measurement report below both details the high power trick, and indicates a more robust power supply design in the Pro version compared to the regular one.
https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/94991395

miguelx74

To have any chance of getting satisfying volume out of the Meizu Pro, you would probably have to trick it into high power mode. That way the Vrms under 32Ω load will increase from 1 to 2.
how can i trick the Meizu pro?
With the Sonata HD I had read that to trick it you had to connect a headphone extension ..

staticV3

Master Contributor
how can i trick the Meizu pro?
With the Sonata HD I had read that to trick it you had to connect a headphone extension ..
It's the same method you have to use with the Meizu dongles.
As for the current limits, the link I sent actually details that as well. 40mA for the regular one, 56mA for the Pro.
Therefore, the Meizu Pro and Aeon RT closed would give you 101-102dB at most. Definitely not ideal.

miguelx74

here is a small headphone extension:

headphone extension

This should be the solution if you wanted to connect headphones directly to the Meizu Pro.

But what if I wanted to connect a Topping L30 to the meizu pro?
Should I worry about tricking the Meizu Pro?

staticV3

Master Contributor
here is a small headphone extension:

headphone extension

This should be the solution if you wanted to connect headphones directly to the Meizu Pro.

But what if I wanted to connect a Topping L30 to the meizu pro?
Should I worry about tricking the Meizu Pro?
No. The L30 has an input impedance of 2500 Ω (mid/high gain) / 7500 Ω (low gain). As such, the Meizu Pro will produce 2Vrms as is, without any tricks.

Top Bottom